Lake Agnes Trail

Lake Agnes Trail is a 1.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Walden, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

good but don't care for the steps

great/quick hike, and good for young family! tougher during the winter, since it has a long steep road that leads to the trailhead that would have to be snowshoed.

I would say that it's "easy", not "moderate" as listed above.

Bumpy road, so I wouldn't recommend it for a low clearance vehicle, but there were some that make it up there Everytime I've been up!

Definitely lots of fish in the lake, but I believe it's flys only & catch/release... may be wrong on that though.

Fun. Use little flys. Spinner weren't working.

June 1st 2016. The logging road leading to the trail was closed due to snow about 1.6 miles from the trailhead. Gorgeous hike. We could have used some snowshoes, but we made it to the lake without them. The lake was still almost completely frozen. It was really an incredible spectacle to see. Scrambled a very snowy Mt. Richthofen to a ridge before turning back. I can't wait to come back later this summer to see it transformed.

Unless you are going with snowshoes or skis, you won't be able to hike this. Snow still several feet deep. First half mile or so is plowed.

A really good workout with the snow. The way up was fairly easy with some light snow pack. No microspikes needed, just normal hiking boots worked for me. The view is spectacular in the winter time. I highly recommend everyone do a winter hike at some point. The loop around the lake was difficult on the west side of the lake. Just enough for micro spikes but not enough for snow shoes The east side of the lake is much easier.It was a warm day that started at 20 and I ended up finishing the day out wearing a short sleeve shirt, bring layers.

fly fishing

This hike was a little difficult on the way up, but super quick on the way down. The hike was more than worth it...the lake is beyond GORGEOUS!!

First of all, really would have appreciated knowing that the trailhead was barely accessible in my 2 wheel drive Ford Explorer. Used 1st gear to get up and scraped the bottom in one really bad spot. There is no where to turn around and the road gets bad really fast- also huge potholes and ruts- which is no big deal if you have a Jeep or something similar but it was not good for my truck. So, if you can make it to the trailhead there is a great view of the mountain top. The trail was pretty strenuous uphill but the lake was pretty. Not my favorite trail or area. There was also logging going on at the park entrance- not sure if it was a burn area or not.

A nice, quick hike up with the dog. The loop around the lake is challenging because of the boulder field but on a nice day it's worth it just for the views of the lake. Not necessarily a destination hike but if you have another reason to be in the area I'd definitely recommend it. The Cameron Pass drive on to Walden is beautiful.

A gem of a mountain lake. From the trailhead the hike to Lake Agnes is only about a mile. I went up at the end of June and there was still a little snow pack to negotiate... no crampons necessary though. The road up to the TH from the info area is a little rough and narrow and might not be suitable for a low clearance or 2wd car but the TH is right at the base of of the mountain lake. The scenery is beautiful and a nice hike.

We went in June and were able to start at the trailhead. The path was still snow covered in spots but overall this was a well marked trail.
The lake is absolutely gorgeous at the end.

Just finished this hike on snowshoes over the weekend - amazing scenery while it lasted! We got a bit snowed out in the afternoon. The hike was strenuous but manageable with rest breaks.

We parked just off of the highway, snowshoed down the campground road, crossing on the bridge and kept heading South uphill toward the lake. After getting to the day use area, the trail was not well marked and we used our best judgement, GPS + topo maps to pick the best route.

My wife and dog were able to finish the trip and enjoy the views at the top. We had a couple of novice snowshoers with us and they did great as well once we found the best route for them.