Lair O' the Bear Trail

Lair O' the Bear Trail is a 14.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Idledale, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Fun mostly singletrack trail west of Morrison, Colorado. This is a fun intermediate difficulty mountain bike trail west of Morrison, Colorado. It is mostly a rolling trail with a moderate amount of climbing. Technically it is an intermediate trail with an occasional short advanced technical sections thrown in. Directions to trail: From Denver, make your way to Morrison. This is a cute little town and a great place to have some food/beer after the ride (i.e. The Morrison Inn). Take Highway 74 west for about 4 miles. I started my ride at Little Park so I could get a little more mileage in. Most people will start at the main parking lot (POI #5). The trail described is from Little Park. If you want to make this an even longer ride, continue on Parmalee Gulch Road after POI #19 and follow signs for Mount Falcon Park. You will be at the uppermost parking lot of Mount Falcon and you can do the Mount Falcon trail.

Nice hike Thanksgiving weekend 2016!

Nice trail next to a river. I went on a Friday morning and it a bit busy but my dog and I enjoyed it.

Great trail, runs right along the creek.

easy, beautiful trail.

This was a great trial to hike with the kids (ages 5, 3 , and 1). Definitely busy on the weekends. We didn't make it very far but had a good time. Lots of spots to stop by the creek and let the kids play in the water. We were not thrilled by all the bikers on the trail as we had to keep pulling the kids aside to let them pass. There are some picnic tables at the trailhead to enjoy a snack or picnic lunch.

This was a lovely hike. Flat along the stream with gorgeous fall colors. After about 3 miles it turns away from the stream and goes up the hill to the woods. It's a pretty steady climb, but not too bad for hiking. This part of the trail is the the pine trees and very "woodsy" and shady. Lots of bikers but they were mostly courteous and slowed down for us. Lots of dogs - some leashed, some not which doesn't bother me. This is a new favorite fall hike for me and my dog!

beautiful and clean.

I ran 12+ miles here and I enjoyed it very much. Nice varied trail. 1600 ft of climb. Scenic views. Numerous mountain bikers and everyone was courteous.

A good hike with adequate parking at the start. Very much enjoyed the walk near the river. The paths we took had cover with some areas out in the open sun, so don't forget that sunscreen. As stated before the path is used by both hikers and cyclists, both being courteous to each other. We did meet one horse and his rider who had to stop and pet....the horse not the rider. Definitely would recommend this hike for all ages.

Fantastic for toddlers and children alike! Beautiful views and a very easy hike/walk. Lots of places to stop and look at the creek which runs along this trail. It's become a new favorite for our family and friends

Very open. Family friendly. Some bikers but doesn't get in the way of the hiking path. Paths are a little too narrow to share but it wasn't too bad! Still fun great view! Very busy during holidays since it's an open park with acess to hiking routes.

Fun for kids

Did this as a hike (bear creek trail) and it was pretty nice. I was able to push a stroller next to the creek without much issue. I heard it would be a lot of fun to mountain bike, but haven't done so. Do be careful of bikes zipping around.

Beautiful!

Very pretty. Lots of picnic tables.