Kokopelli Trail / Troy Built Trail

Kokopelli Trail / Troy Built Trail is a 27.6 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Mack, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

27.6 miles 2578 feet Point to Point

They rate this trail as "hard". That's a F$!#ing understatement. If you are a beginner mountain biker you are going to walk. A ton. This trail is beautiful but extremely technical. There are huge panoramas the entire day. Do you enjoy carrying your bike up 400 foot hills covered in loose rock? I hope so because you will get your chance. I set out to do the entire Kokopelli but cashed in my chips after this leg. The campsite at Westwater is very primitive, but AMAZING!!!!

I am just beginning Mtn biking but husband is very experienced: We started at Lion Loop trail head, it was just to tough a terrain for me. However, my husband did Moore Fun Trail and loved it, it is technical especially for a first ride of the season (March 6). We headed down to Rustler's Loop it was a fun run with all sorts of technical situations easy enough for me to do (mostly.) We had a lot of fun, great overlooks of the Colorado River. Once we finished that trail my husband headed over to Mary's loop to finish up his day, he enjoyed it said it was fun. I hope to make it back next week, it was tough for a beginner but a great ride too! I am giving this a four star as it was my first experience, my husband though says its a five!

Just finished the entire kokopelli trail from Fruita, CO to Moab, UT. Pure amazing. We cut off after the first day to do the western rim trail, and I was in awe the entire time, definitely an amazing cut off for technical biking during the trip. If there is a best time to do the trail it is now. All the roads have been incredibly maintained. The la sal loop portion even got freshly paved!! Incredible climbing and heart stopping downhill. If you haven't done it, do it now!!! Thank you to South Park Adventure Guides for bringing me along!!