Iowa Hill

Iowa Hill is a 0.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Breckenridge, CO that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Its very hight, long and steep

Short hike with some interesting mining sights.

Another nice one to break in the kids that aren't used to anything like this. Less than 2 miles round trip, basically an up and down, with cool old mining ruins. Beautiful view and beautiful section of the woods but a drop in the bucket compared to what the surrounding areas have to offer

A lot more climbing than we expected.

This was the first trail I hiked with my family in Breckenridge to become acclimated to the new elevation (we came from just above sea level a few days earlier). The trail was well marked up until we got to the road where there were many private houses. It took us about 30 minutes to get up to this road, while stopping every so often. I recommend this hike for anyone looking for something simple to hike in the morning. There’re some points of interest along the way and some history while you walk up the ridge.

Hiked this in the fall so the aspens were beautiful against the blue sky. Easy hike but fun to learn about the mining that created Breckenridge.

Good interpretative trail with old mining exhibits and explanation.

If I had an interest in early mining I may have enjoyed it more. As it is, I learned a few tid bits about the local mining history. Sadly, it seems many worked hard to make a few rich. The hike itself was easy and brief: 30 minutes to complete in addition to reading the interpretive signs.

cool, recreated mining relics and cabin at top of hill. just across from school on airport road. good trail running, or one for the tourists. need snowshoes after snow falls