Huron Peak Trail

Huron Peak Trail is a 7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Granite, CO and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from May until October.

One of Colorado's 14ers. Great, easy to follow trail.

Need 4x4 to get to the top trailhead. Wonderful hike, gorgeous views, a little bit of scrambling over rock required at the top. Arguably one of the prettiest 14er hikes I've done. Summit is small but 360 degree views are outstanding!

Really good views, not super hard although it's pretty steep at some points

Great, fun climb. Took about 5 hrs if I remember.

Great hike

This was one of my best 14er experiences. The weather was perfect and the trees were starting to turn. This was a secluded summit hike compared to some of the more popular 14ers. The views are great the entire way. You will want to use a vehicle with 4WD to get to the trailhead. It also appeared that there was free camping along the road to the trailhead. I took the trail describe here (Northwest Slopes route), however there are other routes described on 14ers.com.

Hiked this in Sept. 2013 with my wife, 2 friends from Col. Spgs. and their dog. This is a very beautiful hike up switchbacks through the forest, across a grassy basin and then up a rocky slope to the (fairly small) summit. The views from on top are gorgeous - mountains in every direction! The 3 Apostles are especially nice. This is a fairly short hike that gains a lot of altitude. You should be in good physical condition to attempt this hike. Bring lots of water, dress in layers and start early (to avoid afternoon thunderstorms). The day we climbed Huron, we saw only 3 other people.

This is a great trail that provides amazing views of the Collegiate Peaks. After hiking through dense forest, the second half of the hike is on the exposed northwestern face of the mountain. Bringing lots of water and sunscreen/covering clothing is a must. If you go during the recommended season, there may be snow towards the top, so plan accordingly. A day trip to the mountain is possible from Denver. We went in early September and the crowds were moderate.

On this hike you will encounter forest, cross creeks (easy), beautiful wildflower meadows, and of course, breathtaking peak views. Even though we hiked on a Sunday, there were only about 20 hikers on the mountain for the day. The trail is well marked. The 4x4 road is rough and narrow in spots. There are two ditches that are pretty crazy. I only drove through the first with my Durango. The cemetery, ghost town, and Vicksburg Museum were on our list to do, but after our 7.5 hours we didn't include the sightseeing. I would love to do this hike again, but would obtain lodging in the area to make it a two day adventure.

I hiked this on my 54th birthday, 6 years ago. I walked through a herd of elk at timberline at dawn and summited a few hours later. A beautiful late summer hike. A clear view over Harrison Flats to Taylor reservoir. High clearance only after the parking area just south of Winfield.

This is a really nice hike on a well-maintained trail. Views are excellent, especially of the 3 Apostles to the south. This is one of Colorado's 14'ers at 14,003 ft. so be prepared for a long, steady uphill. :)