Hogback Ridge Trail

Hogback Ridge Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Boulder, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

It was a lot of up which was a good little cardio workout but also not very exciting. Trail is pretty rocky so wish I had worn more than just tennis shoes. Don't really care to repeat.

I thought it was beautiful. Only saw 2 other people on the trail which was great for Boulder. Will be doing it again when I want a short hike close to home

Easy, quick hike.

This local trail is pretty easy to hike but has some really nice views. As a hiker, I like that there was hardly anyone on the trail when I went. IT was a gorgeous day and it is a nice spot to relax, have a picnic. I use it as a break from strenuous hikes. I like this loop vs. Sanitas cause Sanitas gets unbearably crowded with hiker, dog walkers, runners etc.

Views here of South Boulder peak, Boulder and Longmont are great. Saw a herd of deer chomping on flowering American Wild plum trees. IF you are expecting a hard hike, this is not it. IT was more like a stroll for me with a nice picnic spot to savor the view.

Did this hike with a local meetup group. Its a decent afternoon hike that was completed in about 2 hours. Dog access is prohibited still and the view was nice but a little hazy due to the forest fires on the western seaboard this time of year. Perfect for a quick break from the city and easy access off of hwy 36. Plus its close to upslope and other breweries for after hike happy hour.

Decent short loop in North Boulder. Personally I like to start at Wonderland lake trailhead and continue to north to Hogback via the Foothills trail. There was some pretty serious rutting about a month ago last I was there (6/15) and recently access for dogs has been prohibited. The low rating is because I've lived here 20+ years and the fact that they randomly decided now not allow dogs is completely ridiculous, and also, it's Boulder, there are just far better hikes to be had. If you're in the area and looking for a quick trail run or hike it's just fine.