Hewlett Gulch Trail

Hewlett Gulch Trail is a 7.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Bellvue, CO that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is accessible from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Stream still running. Beautiful trail.

This was a pretty good 8 mile trail run with a little loop in there. The uphill section after leaving the river kicked by butt, however coming down that was a lot of fun. Also, the first part of the trip had wonderful fall leaves along the stream which made for a gorgeous hike. There is about 10 stream crossings which made for a little fun during my run. While not my favorite trail running place, I would do this again for a trail run.

Fun trail crossing the river on stones and logs! Also get to see whats left of a homestead and it really brings you back in time! A gorgeous hike year round!

great trail

Good way to get some quick uphill in the legs with a sound feel of isolation at the top.

just new to this. so far so good, will rate again. but we'll worth it

This was a great hike! This is not the original hike we intended to do… We wanted to do Browns Lake Trail in order to see the B 17 bomber, but the weather did not look good. We found this on the way down and I am so glad we did. It was an easy hike at the bottom, which escalated to a more intense uphill hike, and then into a meadow area and back into the streams. They burned trees were an interesting part of the hike, and looked amazing next to the wildflowers! Seeing the old homesteads was cool... it was a great treat as well. I felt like this hike was very calm, but still intense in its own way. I really enjoyed this for the sereneness, and also the unexpectedness!

We really enjoyed this trail! Beautiful day with lots of sun on this hike. Plan to get your feet wet: about 20 crossings total. Now get out there!

My kids (12yo and 10yo) and pup loved the gulch portion of this trail, but struggled through the loop in the high meadow with no shade. Plan to get wet as crossing the gulch multiple times without would be difficult. The entire hike with a lunch break took us about 4.5 hours.

great starter trail

Great hike, not too hard but enough to be a challenge. Lots of River crossings and thick grasses. Took about 3 hours round trip

Wonderful hike! The gulch is lush and punctuated by colorful rocks and the views from the elevated meadows are gorgeous. The wildflowers in early June were worth the trip alone. I'm not sure where they get 6 miles, though. My GPS was at 7 miles at least a half-mile from the trailhead (even the distances noted on the map add up to 7.5). With the elevation changes, 20+ stream crossings, and stops for photos, we took about 3.75 hours to complete the hike at a decent pace.

Really pretty walk. Not too hard.

Pretty wildflowers but plan on getting your feet wet!

Posting at trailhead has this rated as "easy" and I would agree. Though if you do the whole trail there are about a dozen river crossing that are pretty slippery. Some rocks are strategically placed to help you across some, but not all. First 1-2 miles are very flat. Then you come to a fork in the path, go left to do switchbacks to gain elevation. Stay right to do a more gradual gain. Either way, this trail is a big loop and you will end up right back at the fork no matter which way you go. Scenery is okay, nothing spectacular, but still a nice hike!