Hewlett Gulch Trail

Hewlett Gulch Trail is a 7.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Bellvue, Colorado that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Snow covered in the am, but not nearly enough to justify snowshoes. Just boots and gaiters. Trekking poles would be nice for stream crossings and general stability - trail was slick with the wet snow. The return was just a bit muddy.

Stream still running. Beautiful trail.

This was a pretty good 8 mile trail run with a little loop in there. The uphill section after leaving the river kicked by butt, however coming down that was a lot of fun. Also, the first part of the trip had wonderful fall leaves along the stream which made for a gorgeous hike. There is about 10 stream crossings which made for a little fun during my run. While not my favorite trail running place, I would do this again for a trail run.

Fun trail crossing the river on stones and logs! Also get to see whats left of a homestead and it really brings you back in time! A gorgeous hike year round!

great trail

Good way to get some quick uphill in the legs with a sound feel of isolation at the top.

just new to this. so far so good, will rate again. but we'll worth it

This was a great hike! This is not the original hike we intended to do… We wanted to do Browns Lake Trail in order to see the B 17 bomber, but the weather did not look good. We found this on the way down and I am so glad we did. It was an easy hike at the bottom, which escalated to a more intense uphill hike, and then into a meadow area and back into the streams. They burned trees were an interesting part of the hike, and looked amazing next to the wildflowers! Seeing the old homesteads was cool... it was a great treat as well. I felt like this hike was very calm, but still intense in its own way. I really enjoyed this for the sereneness, and also the unexpectedness!

We really enjoyed this trail! Beautiful day with lots of sun on this hike. Plan to get your feet wet: about 20 crossings total. Now get out there!