Hanging Lake Trail

Hanging Lake Trail is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Glenwood Springs, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

cave

Hanging Lake is near Glenwood Springs, Colorado is a fascinating place to see, high in the mountains, at the end of a hike along Deadhorse Creek and through rocky canyons. Hanging Lake located near Glenwood Springs, Colorado. The trail is great for hiking and normally takes 2-4 hours. The trail is very steep with many large rocks/steps. A little work and you will find yourself at one of Colorado's most visited and beautiful short hikes!

This was a beautiful hike, and we are glad we chose to do it in the winter. I would recommend some kind of yak traks or other kind of non-slip footwear and hiking poles. It's still pretty icy on the trail and we were happy to have them. We also got an early start which limited the number of people we saw on the trail.

Incredible hike, although it is steep so worth it! Once you get to the top it say it all, I highly recommend going the extra few steps to explore spouting rock as well! You will not be disappointed.

I've done this hike probably 10 times and it never gets old. It's short, accessible, and gorgeous, which is the perfect storm in creating a super busy hike. I'd recommended biking along the Colorado River path from Glenwood Springs to the trail head during a weekday to avoid parking and crowd issues.

Gorgeous hike with small river along side. The end is rewarding.

The best hike of my life!!! The last quarter mile is tough so pace yourself. Well worth it once you get there. Loved the chipmunks along the boardwalk at the top, they were very entertaining.

We went hiking with cleats due to the heavy snow. Path was well kept and the lake, which is usually surrounded by hikers taking photos, was ours to enjoy alone.

Nice hike but pretty steep

Beautiful. Enjoyed immensely because I was prepared and had the right equipment. Shoe spikes, walking poles, warm cloths and water are musts if you want to reduce risk of injury and fully enjoy this trail in the winter.

One of the most beautiful places I've ever been. Go early, as the lot fills up.