Greyrock Trail

Greyrock Trail is a 7.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Laporte, CO that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Fort Collins: Travel 17 miles west on Hwy 14 to the Greyrock Trailhead.

Great hike - I enjoyed the Meadow Trail more than the Summit trail due to the overlooks. Beautiful scenery and amazing view from the top!

Interesting but rocky trail. Steep grades & some light rock climbing in spots. Lots of plants, berries and even some grapes & plums which surprised us. Pretty good workout but the views near the top are worth it. We just did the loop with the dog and even she was worn out afterwards. It's all uphill to the midpoint and of course almost all downhill coming back. I'd do this trail again and recommend it to mid level and above hikers.

This hike was pretty brutal. Bring plenty of water and food, and you'll want to give yourself at least 5 hours to get back to your car. Very rocky terrain, especially on the rock trail. The meadows trail is longer, but I found it to be much easier. When you get to the rock portion of the climb, keep going towards the peak on the west side of the hill. That's where you'll find the little pond, and the views from there are insane. I thought the trail was pretty overgrown, but nothing impassable. Overall I had a good time, but I'd say it's not for beginners.

This trail is amazing. My wife and I did this together. It is no joke. Just take your time lots of water, water, and more water I think we went through 8 quarts so for your safety bring water. Also there is a possibility you may meet a rattlesnake along the way we ran into one on are way down and he wasn't happy. Just take your time and be alert. Good luck and happy trails.

Kind of plain for the first 2 miles before you get to the peak. Once you get to the mountain it is fun with plenty of climbing opportunities. The summit is well worth the trip. The trail is well maintained and it wasn't too crowded.

The end scramble is pretty good. The initial trail running through some trees is also fun but rest of the trail is long and boring and normal track. The view from the top is nice. Midway the trail runs down and again up and then finally runs down to reach the base of grey rock. I managed to complete this in sandals but had a pretty bad thumb sore a week later.

I'm thinking about doing this hike but wondering if people really keep their dogs on leash? One of mine is aggressive so I'm a bit weary of very popular trails...

Good trail! Kicked my butt, but the views at the end are well worth it! Saw one deer on the hike back too.

A little crowded but awesome hike. Didn't make it to the top so will be back again!!

Nice hike! Took a few hours to get up the Summit trail--we lost the trail near the top, but finally found a few cairns to help us on our way. Loved the bit of scrambling, and the lake is lovely! Great 360 view from the top rock.

Without a doubt one of my favorite hikes so far. Lots of scenic variety even in the rock itself (cool meadow and tiny pond on top of the rock) 10/10 times would do it again.

Beautiful trail and very challenging especially near top. Did not do the meadows trail as we were short on time. Got within 5 minutes of the top and had to turn around due to late start waiting out rain. Definitely going back to complete whole loop and topout. Prob count on 5 hrs at avg pace.

Loved it!

Good hike. It has a longer scramble than expected and the hike up did get the heart thumping. My Garmin watch had me at 8.1 miles round trip after att was said and done. We did just over 2200 ft in ascent.

Really enjoyed the view!