Lady Moon Trail

Lady Moon Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Red Feather Lakes, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from February until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

Lady Moon Trail head is on the south side of Larimer County Road 74E near Red Feather Lakes. The trail offers meadow and mountain views as well as connecting Molly Lake and Elkhorn Creek Trails.

Easy meadow hike, only went half way because we thought we heard elk grunting ahead o us and its rutting season, didn't want to get in the way. Several cows grazing very near or on the trail. Not worth driving up from Denver for this hike unless you're already panning to be in Fort Collins.

Beautiful hike, lots of rocks to play on

this trail is closed to all motor vehicles. foot traffic and horses only.

This is a really pretty area to hike. The trails run through meadows that are shared with grazing cattle (though I didn't run into any on my hike). I ventured around this trail on Sunday the 14th of June and it was VERY wet from the run off and recent rains. My feet got a little SOAKED - but it was a lovely adventure with plenty of green grass and wild flowers. Some of the trails were not marked well, but I believe this is mostly from over growth. Though some of the signs were not up??? It appears they are working on the area.

Short connecting trail for Granite Ridge, Molly Lake and Elkhorn Creek Trails. Most of the trail is through mountain meadows with views of the Baldies to the west.

New parking lot built in 2010. Larger crowds on the weekends.