Green Mountain West Trail

Green Mountain West Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Boulder, CO that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Quite short and easy, barely saw anyone till we got to the top!

Wonderful trail.

Not busy at all. My 58 year old dad from WI was able to complete it with just a few stop at the steps before the summit. A few areas with loose gravel that I wished I had a hiking pole but overall easy terrain and not overly challenging hike. I would rate it as easy, not moderate. The views from the top are excellent!

Don't pay to park. The trail head is just after you leave Boulder Mountain Park and there is free road parking.

Was a nice trail only saw one bear but it was cool good hike to the top was worth it

Hiked with 4 68 - 81 years old people. Took several stops but all manageable. Beautiful along the way and very rewarding!!

Easy enough for a beginner with motivation. Beautiful and fun hike.

Beautiful hike on a cool September morning. Only saw one pair of hikers at the summit so I had the entire trail to myself which was great. It was really foggy so I couldn't see very far but I enjoyed myself. Lots of small birds and several groups of deer along the way.

really great hike! lots of trees and animals. saw some amazing hawks gliding at a pretty close range at the summit. like other reviews said, the first 2/3 is mostly a moderately sloping path, but the last bit is more challenging with switchbacks/steps. very doable but still engaging/challenging. took us a little under 2 hours with a nice 15-20 min rest at the summit.

About as difficult as we could manage while back-carrying two toddlers. The last 1,000' are pretty intense on the way up. Beautiful views of Boulder and Chautauqua on the east, Indian Peaks on the west. Better views and more difficult than Flagstaff.

Piece a cake

Perfect route to Green with the kids. 8 and 6 year olds loved it. That is what hiking is about - hard work, great views and FUN!

Park just outside the Flagstaff Open Space (west) and before the Fire station. TH clearly marked with good signage. Also good TH to access Bear and SBP's from the west.

Hiked, it was awesome and a bit hard. Mildly trafficked. My recording stopped and didn't record. Was bummed about that

We did a loop, coming back through Long Canyon. total was about 4 miles with 1,499 ft elevation gain and 1,699 ft elevation loss. Beautiful views from the top and the hike back went through a lush forest with still lots a wild flowers.

6/25/16 - very nice trail and easy to manage. No boulders on this one. Has sweeping city views of Boulder and valley views too. Some nice under canopy to the trail too. Overall a gradual grade, little harder going up. I proceeded about half way to the next trail, Green Bear Trail. This is off Flagstaff Road, which is quite scenic in itself. Wildflowers and ferns. Didn't see any critters on this one. Not very populated either which was nice.

This is a great hike, starts a little flat the builds up. The final portion up to the peak is the steepest, but very doable. Also very well maintained trail.