Green Mountain Loop

Green Mountain Loop is a 6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Boulder, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A popular peak hike providing views of the Indian Peaks and Boulder There is a map at the trailhead. Head up Bluebell trail to Gregory canyon trailhead (there is a fee to park here). From here either way is fun, but clockwise is a little harder. Travel up Gregory canyon to the cabin with outhouses. From there take the trail up the north ridge to the peak. Enjoy the views on a clear day and head down when ready. For an extra workout, go back on Bluebell, otherwise head down the baseline trail to the trailhead.

Had a great time hiking to the summit of Green Mountain, had plenty of motivation from fellow hikers, and dogs, to make it to the top. Needed a nap afterwards but worth it!

Pretty views up top! Lots of rocks and scrambling. Make sure to bring plenty of water; it is straight up!

We hiked it clockwise as we prefer to go up the more steep route and come down the easier route. The Amphitheater trail is quite steep and a lung burner. There is one point on the trail where the trail was washed out several years ago and they have installed a metal ladder that you need to climb. So going this route is probably not good if you have dogs with you. I don't think they could scramble up this one area. It took us 3 hours for the loop and the gps indicated we went 6.3 miles. Our fitbits showed approximately 250 flights of stairs or roughly 2500 feet elevation gain.

Nice loop hike, can be started from Gregory Canyon our Chautauqua. I took the Amphitheatre trail from Gregory Canyon which is about a Mike shorter because there was no parking at Chautauqua.
Nice hike, demanding, nice break about 2/3 of the way then demanding again.
Crowded at the top, kind of surprising for a Tuesday afternoon on November.

Great trails!! Love hiking here!!

love the hiking here!! Great trails!!

Rock climbing, scrambling, lots of boulders going down.

Awesome hike! Definitely a straight up climb if you go clockwise around the loop. Beautiful adventure through the more forested areas and great views of all of Boulder. A+!

Amazing workout hike! I more enjoyed the clockwise, even if is steeper. The trail is way beautiful than GC and Ranger. Trail marks should be better and accurate in entire park not only on this trail. You take a wrong way easily if you are not familiar with area.

Great trail, maybe better marked in certain areas. The 'hard' rating is spot on if you go clockwise on the loop. Once you get to the EM Greenman trail the worst is behind you.

Very fun trail.

Was trying to find the Flatirons trailhead and drove past it and up the mountain. This trail was entirely covered by brush and more or less difficult to hike. I was hiking down into the canyon and while it was nice to be in the shade, I struggled to enjoy myself. No easy places to take a break, lots of annoying brush or sticks, and nothing great to look at. The lookout views on the way driving down the mountain were much more worthwhile for the views.

HEADS UP: there is a spot on this trail that says it does not allow dogs at all... We had no choice but to take our dogs through that area to complete the loop as shown here.
This hike is difficult. The wild flowers are beautiful. Unfortunately it was cloudy today so we didn't get to see the peaks at the top. I would suggest using this app to track yourself, it can be confusing.

Fun hike and great views on your way up. Not the best views from the summit, but rewarding and fun hike to do in Boulder.

Great Day hike with amazing views of several 14ers at the top.

I loved the first half of this trek...took the Gregory Canyon trail to Ranger, nice steady climb but not too painful, and great views. Coming down the other side was hell on the knees and a lot of scrambling; next time I'll be going back down the way I came! Beautiful hike though, and not super busy in the early morning.

Tim an Giora and Kristen and I hiked up the steep amp theater trail to the top of green mountain. Loved the kiosk at the top showing all the mountains around. Trail was steep and rocky. The down ranger and canyon was longer and smoother footing. Loved the old ranger lodge. 7 mile round trip. Nice trees. Not much water. A few great views of Boulder.