Gore Creek Trail

Gore Creek Trail is a 11.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Vail, CO that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Spent the night at lake took us 5hrs to get there, moderately slow pace. In morning went up and over to deluge lake with another 5 hrs back to car. Wow.

I hiked this trail 9-16-16. The aspen were just starting to turn. The hike to Gore Lake was 6.5 miles each way and this was documented on two trackers. It didn't get steep until after the split for the lake and the pass, the last two miles. I wouldn't say it was difficult because there were some uphill sections followed by flatter sections and no boulder hopping. There were a few tricky stream crossings. Did not see any wildlife other than squirrels. Gore Lake was beautiful!

it was an amazing hike.

Great hike! Scenary is breathtaking!

Beautiful hike with tons of wildflowers, especially further into the hike. A little tough in one area with decent elevation gain, but so worth it for the views at the lake! We got an early start - at the TH around 6:30, and didn't see anyone until we got to the lake. Took just under 3 hours to get to the lake, and then about 2 hours back. Views are amazing and just get better and better the higher up you get. One of my favorite hikes I've done this summer.

My favorite trail in Vail. Took me 3 hours to get to the lake from the trailhead. Multiple stream crossings and beautiful scenery. Abundant wildlife throughout the entire trail. First part is tough, than gets deceivingly easy to the grave, its just a gradual uphill hike. After you leave the graves and start heading towards Gore Lake is when the real challenge starts, but don't give up because it is stunning. I stayed at the lake for a half hour before making my way back down; total was 5 hours round-trip so it turned out to be a perfect half day hike.

This was a lovely hike. We hit the trailhead around 2 and arrived at the lake around 7. We camped there and it was beautiful! Bajilons of Stars and woke up to cute little mountain goat. Decent amt of wild flowers. I would say this hike is definitely more than 12 miles..esp once you get the graveyard (4 miles in)..it definitely feels like it's more than 2 miles to the lake!!
Also, be sure to bring bug spray. Mosquitoes were out of control near the top and my bf had hundreds of bites.

This is one of our favorite Trails. You have access pretty early in the season but can run into snow covered areas which could impede your hike. We were able to hike all the way to the graveyard and had a wonderful hike! Beautiful scenery and sounds of the creek accompany you the entire way.

Beautiful trail but you will post-hole the last hour or so if you want to summit. I was wearing shorts and hiking boots and was not able to reach the lake due to heavy snow. As stated in previous comments, this trail is more like 13 miles. I would have taken me 5-6 hours to reach the lake had I not turned back. If you want to stop and admire the scenery, carve out 9 hours or so of your day round trip.

Three day trip, starts off a bit uphill then after about 1 hour levels off - every second of the trail is picturesque and wow ! Father's Day weekend we were cut short due to snow on trail and were forced to stay next to a Beutiful river. Great trip will be back soon -- pober

Did it two days ago and want to do it many more times. The beginning started steep and then it evened out. Plenty of places to take a walk through the river... Even if it's freezing!

Great hike!! My go-to daily. First 1/2 mile a little hard but not bad. Rocky trail with lots of water. Snow at a mile up that can vehicles carefully at this time of the year. Snowshoes needed after 1.25 miles to avoid post-holing.

Started at gore creek trailhead, finished at Gore Lake, which is absolutely stunning. Very serene and private on a Saturday in October. Excellent hike!

Great hike but mileage is differently off. It says it is a 12 mile hike but, at a minimum, it is a 13.2 to 13.8 mile hike. I used Map my Ride app for the round trip of 13.8 but turned on the AllTrails app at the top to record the descent. Even the AllTrails app recorded a 6.6 mile descent. That being said, the weather was great and the views were stunning. Steep climbs and I imagine in bad weather, this trail would be quite a challenge.

Nice backpacking trip. The trail is fairly easy to start until you head up to the lake then it gets steep.

Awesome views. Rushing river with lots of stream crossings and a bit muddy. Absolutely awesome.

Just hiked it yesterday. Shortly after getting onto Gore Lake Trail the snow cover makes it impossible to follow. Made my own trail up, still ~70% frozen. However, I saw a marmot, a beaver, a snake, and many birds. Definitely one of the most difficult day hikes I have ever done.

Amazing, but challenging hike. Once you get past the first two miles of the trail, people become sparse, even during Independence Day weekend. Beautiful early spring flowers & snow at Gore Lake in July. Lovely!

Great trail, awesome views! 7hr 20min to lake and back. 3ft of snow for the last mile to the lake, which is frozen, made for a fairly treacherous hike. Trail well-defined and passable by foot but need proper gear.