Fourth of July Mine Trail

Fourth of July Mine Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Nederland, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from May until August.

The road to the trail is very rough, low profile small cars will have a hard time but should get up. great trail overall, beautiful views.

The road back to the trail head was very rough, almost like a four wheel drive trail. The trail was well maintained and very nice, you do have to cross water though. The top was very windy and cold, but so beautiful!!!

Amazing view!!

Beautiful hike, lots of waterfalls and shade. Great for dogs and perfect amount of incline.

There was a lot of mud and snow last week so we couldn't go too far, but was also less crowded!

This again is an awesome trail. When we went there was tons of snow and we had to use Yak-Tracks on some of the ridges but what amazing views. There is a trail over the top that will lead you into Rainbow Lakes and I want to take that some time. I have been told it is a strenuous climb and you need to watch out for the lightening but I am game for the trip.