Fourmile Falls Trail

Fourmile Falls Trail is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pagosa Springs, CO that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and horses. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Camping in the wild at your own risk... Bears in the area, so hang your food high and away from the camp ground . The stream keeps your beer/wine ice and cold ;-)

Like others have said the first mile can be kind of uneventful but shortly after begins to be more of a challenge. We ended up taking the wrong path near the falls and had to backtrack so pay close attention when you hit the stream crossing. Bring plenty of fluids, I drank a small lake on the way in for some reason and don't think I could of comfortably made it back without dunking in the cold waterfall.

This is a challenging trail only because you have to be constantly alert not to roll your ankles on the myriad of loose rocks going down hill.

I have posted this several times and although I have 3 stars highlighted when I save it then it marks it four or five stars. I then delete the review and re paste my review and it still rates it higher. So, just know my stars are 3-average.

The first hour in was not that pretty with many diseased trees with moss. There were not many views and the trail was rocky. Then it was prettier with more evergreens and brush and views of the mountains. The waterfalls didn't have a lot of volume in September. There were a few meadows with flowers that I think would be full of pretty wildflowers in the right season.

We had great weather and we were glad we went, but I wouldn't hike this trail again nor recommend it to my friends.

Favorite hike on a 2 week road trip through Colorado.

For 6.5 miles, we only saw one other couple. I was glad to have my bear bell and spray.

The trail is up and down, through the forest with many open meadows. The waterfall at the end is a wonderful resting point. Bring layers as it got colder the deeper we got into the woods.

Heads up that the drive from Pagosa Springs (turn by the subway on to the gravel road) is about 30 minutes to the trailhead.

Perfect trail with beautiful falls. Parking area well maintained with restrooms. long dirt road to get to trail head. trail was well marked and river running next to it with beautiful scenery and wild raspberries! Just the right amount of challenge to make it a moderate hike.

Most of this trail is fairly easy. Do not be fooled by the beginning. Great views.

Great hike! Easy to find and offers a lot of different terrain with some great views and waterfalls. Definitely recommend.

This was a perfect hike. Not to easy but not too hard. We had a wonderful time. The waterfalls were worth it

It was a strong hike.

A bit of advice, Google maps will direct you to take CO 410, but stay right and take CO 400. The trailhead is at the end of CO 400.

Nice hike, quiet and alive with vegetation. The falls are beautiful.

beautiful hike and the water is amazing.
horseback riders beware lots of downed trees across the trail

First mountain hike and really enjoyed it with the family. The trail from the 1st falls to the second was a little tough. Would have liked to see a couple trail markers near the falls just so we know exactly where to go. Did this in early June with the snow melt and was beautiful.
Even saw some mule deer.

One of my favorite hikes in Pagosa. Very quiet and sublime....did this one in fall and loved it! Definitely recommend, but make sure you are ready for a hike up at the end.