Fountain Creek Nature Trail

Fountain Creek Nature Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Fountain, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

I live in Fountain and love this trail. close to home and can go anytime I want.

Decent place for a walk but there are a few downsides. Lots of trails close to the creek and ponds, tons of birds, and even saw a turtle hanging out in one of the ponds. Most of that area has a distinct sewage smell. Not sure if it's the creek or what, but I wouldn't fish or swim here. Tons of people here, however it was Labor Day so there may be less people during the normal week. Ok experience overall, but not great if you are trying to get away from people.

Nice quiet, mostly flat trail with pretty scenery and wildlife. As someone new to the area who is getting used to the elevation changes I thought this would be a good spot to practice running!

Love Fountain Creek Nature Center. Walk this trail quite a bit.

Great for kids!

I enjoyed the water, birds and more. Very peaceful.

Great place to take the family. I went with my kids and grandkids and we had a blast. So many things to see. Watching the grandkids experience different plants and animals for the first time was a real treat.

When the train horn and fighter jets weren't screaming, you could sometimes hear the birds. Be sure to look for the birds, if you look down you'll see the rusting car parts, shopping carts and general trash scattered about.

It looked like a beautiful trail. We got to walk about half of it, but the other half is a wildlife area where dogs are not allowed (we had several with us). I would highly recommend bug spray!

Easy trail with lots to see

Love this place! Great for trail running :)

it's a great walk or bike ride just be aware of mosquitoes in the summer.

its very beautiful and relaxing

Very pretty trail that is much longer than the 1. What ever miles listed. I did 6 today and could go further. Easy easy walk. Only giving 3 stars because I like hikes with more incline and challenges but it's a great trail to bring family out on and see nature.

非常不错

Great local trail that I walk often with my dog. Easy to access and easy to walk or take an easy family bike ride. There is some trail damage from flooding, but most areas are still accessible.

This is a linear trail that spans many miles with many different entry points. I have ran on it from the Fountain Creek Nature Center to the south end as well as ran north from this point about 4 miles before turning around. I have parked in a neighborhood in Stratmoore and ran north 4 miles out and back as well. For the most part this is a flat trail. The southern end is more "remote" with wide open views of Pikes Peak and Cheyanne Mountain. More north as you get closer to Colorado Springs I was finding a fair amount of homeless camps along the creek under overpasses and in wooded areas.

There are multiple signs saying that the trail is too damaged to be used, however you can go around these signs as it is still passable on foot. If you are biking you will have to get off at a couple points but not a big deal.

My wife loves going to this trail. One can go south or north, with the latter being more difficult. All around great trail for the entire family. On a good day, one can see ducks, deer, or an occasional horse. My wife and I have been going to that trail for years and we love it. We recommend it!

This is our most treasured place to just walk and enjoy the beauty of it all. My 3 yr old grandson walks the entire trail and never needs to rest but loves to watch the ducks and other wildlife.