Fountain Creek Nature Trail

Fountain Creek Nature Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Fountain, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

I live in Fountain and love this trail. close to home and can go anytime I want.

Decent place for a walk but there are a few downsides. Lots of trails close to the creek and ponds, tons of birds, and even saw a turtle hanging out in one of the ponds. Most of that area has a distinct sewage smell. Not sure if it's the creek or what, but I wouldn't fish or swim here. Tons of people here, however it was Labor Day so there may be less people during the normal week. Ok experience overall, but not great if you are trying to get away from people.

Nice quiet, mostly flat trail with pretty scenery and wildlife. As someone new to the area who is getting used to the elevation changes I thought this would be a good spot to practice running!

Love Fountain Creek Nature Center. Walk this trail quite a bit.

Great for kids!

I enjoyed the water, birds and more. Very peaceful.

Great place to take the family. I went with my kids and grandkids and we had a blast. So many things to see. Watching the grandkids experience different plants and animals for the first time was a real treat.

When the train horn and fighter jets weren't screaming, you could sometimes hear the birds. Be sure to look for the birds, if you look down you'll see the rusting car parts, shopping carts and general trash scattered about.

It looked like a beautiful trail. We got to walk about half of it, but the other half is a wildlife area where dogs are not allowed (we had several with us). I would highly recommend bug spray!

Easy trail with lots to see