Forgotten Valley

Forgotten Valley is a 6.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Golden, Colorado that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from May until November.

We did a loop that covered three trails. We parked at Bridge Creek Trail head and hiked in from there. We connected to Mountain Lion Trail heading westward on the trail towards the Forgotten Valley. We saw some fishermen on the lake at Forgotten Valley. We continued on towards Windy Peak and connected to Burro Trail. We looped back towards Mountain Lion for a small part of the trail and then to Bridge Creek back to the car. Overall the hike took about 2.5 hours and had patches that were icy. We brought icetrekkers and hiking poles, we did not need to use the icetrekkers but poles were nice for balance over icy parts. There were some windy parts so layers are good to have.

Loved this trail! It was rocky most of the trail with beautiful views along the way. Also a nice lower body workout. My dog loved it too.

little bit of everything to see, pack a lunch to eat ar the top and pack some sunscreen! one of my favorites, easy with some switchbacks that had me puffing a bit, but I'm also 19 weeks pregnant :)

I feel confused as to how this hike is rated "easy" when both the Burro and Mountain Lion trails are rated difficult. It wasn't that I found it challenging, I think I was just expecting something else. I was really looking for a nice easy hike with rolling hills and that is not what I got.

Nice trail great views we headed up to Windy peak from here excellent views from there

Beautiful trail.

This place was GREAT! Hiked in with two kids, 4 and 8, no problems there. Spent the day fishing and picnicking. So much fun! Beautiful area.

Beautiful lake at that top with historical home from the 1800s. $7 for a day pass but totally worth it. Not a hard hike at all.

Super easy hike. There's a lot of water running down from the snow melt so it was muddy in some areas especially when trying to cross over to get to the Tallman Ranch. Other than that it was pretty dry through out. We took Burro trail to Mountain Lion trail. Make sure to sit on the porch swings and enjoy the view. The $7 day pass was well worth it.

Easy and relaxed hike. Be sure to leave in the AM if you want to camp at one of the designated sites overlooking the lake - they're first come first serve. Like most mountain lakes, it is very calm and beautiful. I agree with Zach, must have been awesome to be an original inhabitant back in the day. I recommend this one as a family hike.

A nice short trek that can be amended easily by such trails as the city lights trail or many branching trails that intersect. The Forgotten Valley was really cool to discover, the family that lived in the cabin fully utilized the Nott Creek and I love to imagine what life would be like nestled in such a remote valley way back in the day.