Falls Creek Loop

Falls Creek Loop is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Durango, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October.

Very poorly marked trail. The only way that you know what trail you are on is at the trailhead and then it quickly starts forking. We mostly wandered and guessed which way to go ( sort of like a "choose your own adventure story). It was generally a pretty easy walk, minus the brief steep climbs and drops, but we did find the falls and creek. Traffic was not too bad.

Hiked this trail on October 22 . First mile maybe is through a long open valley meadow. Grasses were brown but surrounding views still beautiful. The hiking up the mountainside wasn't too difficult, but there were lots of little side trails we somehow got onto - and met another couple who did same thing. Then what seemed to be the only way back down to the meadow was a VERY steep path. down the mountainside. It can't have been the actual trail, but was the only way down that we saw. We turned around and went back the way we came, as did the other couple. Never saw a hint of a waterfall or even where one could have been, so I'm sure we weren't on the right trail. Needless to say, for 2 couples to get confused means it should be better marked. View were indeed very nice though.

Great views

My pups love this trail. It has a good mix of sceneries and I love the waterfall on the back end trail.

It was a nice hike and we enjoyed being in the valley and then up in the mountains. However, we did not see a waterfall. Very disappointed about that.

Was a great experience, nice trail if you're beginning trail running. Was a pleasurable experience for my husband and I. He rode his mountain bike, I ran, perfect trail for such partnership.

Not difficult. Good for the pups. Pretty vantage points. Fun waterfall.