Eugenia Mine

Eugenia Mine is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Estes Park, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and horses and is accessible from June until September. Horses are also able to use this trail.

I did this hike to the mine on crutches with a torn medial meniscus in my right knee, so for me it was one of the most difficult but yet rewarding hikes I've been on. Fellow hikers were cheering me on and it was much appreciated. The view of the water cascading down the stream at the mine site was worth the 3 days of agony my palms and underarms felt. Great hike for the kids and entire family.

We had the intention of doing Estes Cone, but we were pretty new to mountain hiking and this was our second hike of the day. By the time we reached Storm Pass, we decided to do the Cone on another trip when we were fresher. What we did do was a pleasant hike with forest, meadow, mountain views, and, of course, the mine which we spent time wondering around.

So much fun for family of 4 & 6 year old.

Excellent hike!! Went with the whole family. Steep at the very beginning.

Nice hike with the kids. Snow-covered past the first half mile; micro spikes would have been helpful, but it was fine with hiking shoes. Nice to see a different part of the Longs Peak trail.

Snowshoed up today 2-15-14, had a great time started on Longs Peak and chose to take the trail less traveled had a great time.

This was a beautiful hike; we hiked in mid-August last summer and it took just a bit over two hours with plenty of down time poking around near the actual entrance to the mine.

Beautiful Hike with at least an inch of fresh snow on the ground, easy hike with some great peaks of the mountains and a little creek rite by the Mine.