Bergen Peak and Elk Meadows Trail

Bergen Peak and Elk Meadows Trail is a 8.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Evergreen, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

medicine bow Peak is a 11.3 mile out and back trail located near Evergreen, Colorado and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, mountain biking & trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I thought this trail was more of a moderate rating, incline after 2.5 miles got more difficult, after 5th mile it wasn't that bad, beautiful views, shade, trails are marked very well.

Very nice trail, great view at the summit too!

Beautiful hike. Disagree with the hard rating. Wife and I did it with our 2yo. Most of the hike is in the shade and great views at various spots.

very nice trail, but tough. you guys on the bikes, great job, lady running past us, you're amazing! Lots of fun, and got to have lunch at the peak. Great day

Pretty trail. Saw a pretty good amount of wildlife- a couple deer, a hummingbird and some crazy squirrels. Decent amount of mountain bikers but not terribly packed on a Saturday afternoon/evening. Pretty wildflowers too.

If I had to do it over again, I'd have hiked the trail counter clockwise to make sure I hit the more exposed portion earlier in the morning. This hike is great though and has it all- wild flowers, deer, lizards, views, and trees. The top of Bergen Peak was worth the hike. The hike was perfect for me in terms of difficulty. I did the hike in 4 hours, not including stopping on top of the peak.

gradual incline the entire way up which can be a toll on the legs if you are not used to hiking. a very long trail but worth reaching the top!

Nice views, no traffic for a Saturday afternoon/evening.

Well maintained. I took my dog today and didn't realize where we were going. Before I knew it, we had reached the Peak. it was a wonderful hike. recommend it.

well maintained, easy to follow.

Beautiful long hike, but pretty crowded and close to the highway.

Loved running this trail. I started from the Pioneer Trail across from Evergreen Parkway and it was a bit over 12 miles. The climb to the peak was long but also somewhat gradual. I was able to run the entirety although it was quite a breather. Saw many deer along the way. As I ran this trail in winter, it was a slippery route back down along Too Long Trail. There is more exposure to sun on this side and the occasional melt and refreeze caused some ice buildup. Just mind the corners and you'll be fine.

I had no idea Elk Meadows park was so big. Definitely check the map after you park so you know your location, there is another parking lot not too far from the main lot, and grab a trail map. I added nearly 2 miles on to my trip because I simple went back to the wrong parking lot. This hike I learned who you hike with does matter...Water and food are a must. Do not do this trail without enough of both. This trail did take me and my friend nearly 6 hours to complete. My friend had to learn the hard way. Anyways, I did not find the trail overly strenous until coming back down. the downhill switch back if you do the loop can be a little hard on the knees. The views from Bergen Peak overlook Evergreen and Mt. Evans, which was very nice. Be aware there are a lot of Mountain Bikers and tons of trail runners when I went in April, so I imagine in the summer this place is hoppin' with folks.

I love this area! Granted, I haven't hiked all the trails yet but it has the best dog park I've seen in the Denver area.

Went today 11/22 and it was great. Been around elk meadows before but didn't realize how long this trail was. Good exercise and some decent views for the area

This is an absolutely gorgeous place. I love hiking and trail running here. Lots of spacious trails and some of the friendliest fellow trail users you'll find anywhere.

Went on a foggy Tuesday and saw just a few users! Four hours and plenty of burn.