Elk Meadow

Elk Meadow is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Evergreen, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The first mile is a good warm-up. The trail has a nice mix of shade and sunshine. I always enjoy this run. Just watch out for rocks. They'll jump up and get you!

Really quiet on the day we went, nice views of the valley and we got to see a little fall color.

Nice easy hike, was great for my 13.5 year old Australian Shepherd to get him out for a while for about 6 miles without too much incline.

I'm excited to get familiar with these trails! I went alone and got a little lost and confused but ended up where I needed to be! Wahoo! Was fun for trail running!!

Did the long walk and ended up little over 10 miles in beautiful weather. Went all the way to Bergen Peak. Great wiev and we could see to Denver downtown and much further. Not a beginners walk!

I enjoyed this trail. For some reason the trail signs kept saying something like Meadowview, which is an offshoot from this trail. The signs never said I was on the right trail but thankfully I still had cell service so I was able to keep checking where I was on the map. My Garmin also said the trail was 4.0 miles and I never wandered off the trail. Just some things to keep in mind. The other reviews about the highway being loud are correct. The views overall are great. I plan to revisit this trail.

Beautiful and green.

Easy trail. Go early to avoid crowds on the weekend and also the heat. You have to hike far in to be able to get some shade.

This is a nice leisurely trail that wasnt too crowded (during the week, at least). Chose this hike to do with my active 10 year old dog. The only downside is being so close 74, you can hear the traffic off in the disrance for most of the trail we did.

It's a beautiful hike with lots of landscape and plant diversity. Flowers were wonderful and some amazing quartz on and beside the pathway.

Great Hike! We will be back for more!

Really enjoyed this trail. Lots of mountain bikers on this trail. Pretty easy hike with beautiful views. We saw 3 elk from the road, but none on the actual hike. Would definitely hike this again.

Really great trail with meadows and woodlands. Fair amount of courteous mountain bikers. Some great views from the woodlands areas where you climb in elevation. Saw 4 elk in the meadows.

Easy trail with some elevation gain. Lots of traffic noise from Evergreen Parkway.