Elk Meadow

Elk Meadow is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Evergreen, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

So beautiful. Easy walk to connect with nature.

The first mile is a good warm-up. The trail has a nice mix of shade and sunshine. I always enjoy this run. Just watch out for rocks. They'll jump up and get you!

Really quiet on the day we went, nice views of the valley and we got to see a little fall color.

Nice easy hike, was great for my 13.5 year old Australian Shepherd to get him out for a while for about 6 miles without too much incline.

I'm excited to get familiar with these trails! I went alone and got a little lost and confused but ended up where I needed to be! Wahoo! Was fun for trail running!!

Did the long walk and ended up little over 10 miles in beautiful weather. Went all the way to Bergen Peak. Great wiev and we could see to Denver downtown and much further. Not a beginners walk!

I enjoyed this trail. For some reason the trail signs kept saying something like Meadowview, which is an offshoot from this trail. The signs never said I was on the right trail but thankfully I still had cell service so I was able to keep checking where I was on the map. My Garmin also said the trail was 4.0 miles and I never wandered off the trail. Just some things to keep in mind. The other reviews about the highway being loud are correct. The views overall are great. I plan to revisit this trail.