Eldorado Canyon Trail

Eldorado Canyon Trail is a 6.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Eldorado Springs, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Eldorado Canyon Trail is 3.5 miles long, near Boulder, Colorado. The trail is primarily used for hiking. Horses are permitted. Dogs must be on a leash.

Gorgeous views with a nice stream/rapids at the end. It was completely dry as well which is hard to find in November. Difficult hike due to the constant switchbacks and elevation changes.

One of my favorites.. I've been hiking it since high school.. Love it

Nice views. Pretty steep incline at some points.

I love this trail. I hike it often and it's usually pretty light trafficked. I take my dog on it and she loves it. plenty of benches and view points to take breaks and eat snacks. bring plenty of water as shade is hard to find the first 2 miles. One of my favorite places.

Great trail with awesome views of the city and surrounding mountain ranges

I have ridden this trail several times now. Great trail with some challenging areas. If you want to teach your horse to go up steps this is a great place to so it. Worst part of this trail is just driving up to it. Rough driving doesn't even begin to explain it.

Great views, nice terrain, and diverse scenery. The park was a crowded, but it's was a Saturday, so to be expected. Not as many people on the trail as we thought just looking at the parking lots. Try to park in the upper lot near the visitors center for the easiest access to the trailhead, or you'll find yourself walking for a while on the road, which is what we did.

A good challenging trail run. Right from the parking lot, the first mile or so accomplishes most of the elevation gain including several sections of steps built into the trail. From here it goes into some milder ups and downs with several relatively flat sections until about mile 2.5. Here there is a great canyon overlook where the trail takes a sharp right with a sign to indicate the trail continues downhill. The next 0.75 miles are all on a somewhat steep downhill to the junction with the walker ranch trail near the waterfalls. The return to the overlook is easily the hardest section of the trail as the 0.75 miles of steep uphill is not appreciated at this point in the run. From the overlook, the sailing is pretty clear back to the parking lot. Footing is tricky in some spots especially for a steep downhill on tired legs! Nevertheless, this is a fun trail run. My only wish would have been for slightly better mountain views.

Nice hike is a geologically beautiful area. Trail was most crowded for the first two miles, but after that it mostly cleared out. We went all the way to the branching out to other ranch trials. At the time you have an incredible view through the valley and out onto downtown Denver. You will probably want to start early because the parking lot fills quickly and there will be more wildlife. Also, becuase it is a state park there is an $8 fee. It's worth it!

Great hike! Challenging enough to get a good workout, but not so challenging that you want to stop and turn around! Great views during the entire hike, and not too crowded. Definitely recommend this one.

We just moved here a month ago and we are in love with this hike! It was far less busy than Chautauqua even on a gorgeous Saturday morning. There was a great balance of challenge and payoff. The initial ascent was hard but doable. I, myself, am a pretty average hiker who has to stop for air a bit more frequently than my friends, but even I was hanging in there. The switchbacks help cut some of the steepness and the trail is more of an ascending walking path than a series of boulders you have to climb up. The nice thing about the switchbacks too is that you don't have to wait for payoff views- you get to see them all along. Once the trail levels off a bit, it's much more leisurely. All in all we did about 6 miles roundtrip. I am a little sore but not bad. Can't wait to do it again!

Fun hike

This trail was absolutely gorgeous and worth the hike! We walked down to the Walker Loop as others suggested so we could see the falls, I consider myself to be in pretty descent physical shape and the walk back up to the trail from Walker kicked my butt. In the end we went about 10 miles and it felt like quite an accomplishment. Next time I go to this park I will do the geology hiking tour they offer. BTW, the town of Eldorado Springs was so quaint, it was fun to see that too!

This is an excellent challenge with lovely views and changing scenery. The switchbacks are no joke, but starting early still gives the area good shade and breezes. We hiked down just past the bridge along the Walker Ranch area. The ascent back was tough but quick. The trailhead was insanely busy with afternoon hikers. We started around 8:30 on a summer weekend and took our time the whole way. I would definitely recommend the early start for a chance at a quiet hike.

I would rate as on the strenuous side. 1800 ft elevation gain in 6.6 mi is strenuous in my book. Some tricky rock areas for horses. Shoes required. I tried to do the whole loop got to the far end: not suitable for horses cliff conditions! At the end of a long day with 2 13 y girls. Bad deal, that. Beware. Spoke to park people before we went they were unaware as they didn't warn us when asked about trail conditions.