East Inlet Trail to Lone Pine Lake

East Inlet Trail to Lone Pine Lake is a 10.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Grand Lake, CO that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from January until January. Horses are also able to use this trail.

10.3 miles 2044 feet Out & Back

fly fishing

Directions from Grand Lake: Follow the road that leads to the east side of the lake, past the West Portal, to the East Inlet Trailhead.

Such a wonderful hike if your only in grand lake for a weekend or more! The trail starts off pretty flat as you travel along the meadow, then starts picking up elevation about a mile in where you climb to the three lakes. Great for beginners and experts alike. We were four college kids and had a great time! A++ for sure!

Begin early in the day, so you can enjoy this beautiful lake.

Beautiful due to waterfalls several places along the trail. We encountered a moose in the meadow up close and personal and "magical" green areas. Lots of "old man's beard" on many dead pines. Enjoyed getting to the lake. We lingered in several areas by the water so out and back took us about 8 hrs.

This was a great hike despite how long it took the family. By no means are we avid hikers and we were looking for something more than a simple walk around a little lake and this definitely gave us a good challenge. We started out early and took us about 9 hours (Rt). We had lots of stops to rest and water breaks but the wife, the two kids (5 and 9) and myself battled it out and made it to the lake for lunch. On the way back it started to rain but we were prepared and made it back safely. Could have gotten the bug spray on early as we all got bitten up but it’ll be a hike we remember for the rest of our lives.

Beautiful scenery! My friends and I hiked on a Saturday in mid-June. The trail was a little crowded at the beginning, but most people weaned out the further we went. We did the out and back to Pine Lake in a total of 5 hiking hours with a few water and photo breaks. The lake is an awesome lunch spot. My trail running shoes were sufficient footwear. Bring plenty of sunscreen and bug spray!

Great!

Be aware that even though it looks like it is 10 miles, it is actually 14 miles. Still a great hike!

Lots of up hill and rocky. Loved it!

Amazing! Went about a week ago but made it only 4.75 miles in, we wanted to reach the lake so badly but the snow was about 4-6 ft. Deep in areas. Lovely hike though !

This is an incredible hike. I did it in May, while the last of the winter snow was melting. 1/3 of the way up you'll hit feet of snow, if you're hiking this anytime before mid June. It made the journey more difficult, and swimming in Lone Pine nearly impossible. However it was doable for moderate to experienced hikers. Definitely wear ankle high snow/hiking boots! I had to change from Teva's to boots at the fourth bridge when the snow hit. I started the hike at 2 p.m. and was down by 7:30… even with the snow. Without the snow I would have been down by 6, no doubt. Lake Verna is only another mile past Lone Pine and definitely worth the extra hour or so when the snow melts.

Day hike during mud season, the views were great with light snow that was falling. We only made it 3/4 the way to Lake Verna when we reached some pretty deep snow that made it impassable without snowshoes. I think this would be a great trail during the summer when you could make better time. Snow, mud and fallen trees slowed us down.Got a lot better pictures here than on the North Inlet trailhead.

Hiked this with a mixed group in terms of skill/fitness level and everyone really enjoyed it! After Adam's Falls, you pass through a beautiful meadow (a great place to see wildlife) and then follow a moderate incline to the lake. The lake was a great place to hang out and have lunch before heading back. Aside from the section of trail leading to Adam's Falls, the trail was quiet and not crowded.

fly fishing

Great Hike. Fall colors are beautiful right now.

Yay

fly fishing

Favorite trail so far this summer! Took about 3 hours to hike to the lake, stopping along the way to take in the beautiful views and snack on some wild raspberries. Spent the next few hours at the lake eating lunch, fishing for some hungry brown Brooke trout and watching a moose and her frolicking baby play in the water. Finished the day arriving back at the trailhead to watch the sunset over Grand Lake.

My wife and I are novice hikers in our 50s. We loved this hike! We took our time and stopped at all of the scenic overlooks along the way. There's plenty to see and plenty of traffic.

What a gem! varied terrain, stunning views and magnificently maintained trail. Great for adults, a little much for kids, give yourself at least 5 1/2 hours but well worth it!