East Inlet Trail to Lake Verna

East Inlet Trail to Lake Verna is a 13.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Allenspark, CO that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until September. Horses are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

Great hike! I went all the way to Lake Verna and back in one shot and my knee hated me for it. Hiking in the beginning of summer makes for a raging East Inlet. On the return hike I saw a moose and 4 mule deer not far from the trail. My only complaint is that I didn't camp somewhere out there, there are plenty of great spots to do so.

This trail is definitely worth your time. We spent two nights in the trail, one at Lower East Inlet and one at Slickrock, which were both outstanding sites. The view from Slickrock was amazing. I would definitely do this trip again!

I didn't get to hike it because I brought my dogs. This app indicated docs were allowed so beware. Bummer as it looks like a good one.

Did this in 2012 and it was outstanding. Caught a lot of fish at Lake Verna. Camped up there as well. On the way down a Moose and her little one held us up on the trail.

tough hike, great views, you're almost sure to see some wildlife if you leave early. Use hiking sticks; they make it easier on your joints and muscles as the trail is quite rocky and steep at places. Worst case they are also the last line of defense against bears :) I didn't see any, but some droppings along the trail. Saw deer and foxes though.

Just did this hike in mid July. It's pretty tough for an out and back hike. Nice scenery along the way. Saw three bull moose in the meadow and a female moose with a baby just before Lake Verna.