Eaglesmere Lakes

Eaglesmere Lakes is a 7.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Silverthorne, CO that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The views at the lake make it all worth it. Trail is narrow at times but it's not a big deal. During our hike in October we encountered snow and a little mud. We practically had the entire place to ourselves. I would definitely go back during peak colors - I bet it is beautiful with all the Aspen groves.

Beautiful trail, need stabilizers/snowshoes to get back to the lakes right now (June 5). Wildflowers and birds own the first half of the trail. The second half is pine forest and has a lot of snow and bramble but I can't wait to come back in the fall so its easier to get to the lakes without carrying equipment for 3 miles to use for just 1 mile. A lot of 'widow makers' (loose branches that can fall at any moment) and I was attacked by fire ants at one point in the beginning of the trail, so be careful!

Hiked this trail in the fall of 2015. Great view of a large cluster of aspen, great for leaf peeping. The trail was mostly covered, but did have some full exposure. I would say the hike for this trail was easy.