Eaglesmere Lakes

Eaglesmere Lakes is a 7.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Silverthorne, CO that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

7.4 miles 2012 feet Out & Back

The views at the lake make it all worth it. Trail is narrow at times but it's not a big deal. During our hike in October we encountered snow and a little mud. We practically had the entire place to ourselves. I would definitely go back during peak colors - I bet it is beautiful with all the Aspen groves.

Beautiful trail, need stabilizers/snowshoes to get back to the lakes right now (June 5). Wildflowers and birds own the first half of the trail. The second half is pine forest and has a lot of snow and bramble but I can't wait to come back in the fall so its easier to get to the lakes without carrying equipment for 3 miles to use for just 1 mile. A lot of 'widow makers' (loose branches that can fall at any moment) and I was attacked by fire ants at one point in the beginning of the trail, so be careful!

Hiked this trail in the fall of 2015. Great view of a large cluster of aspen, great for leaf peeping. The trail was mostly covered, but did have some full exposure. I would say the hike for this trail was easy.