Eagles Peak Trail

Eagles Peak Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near United States Air Force Academy, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

3.6 miles 2099 feet Out & Back

A popular hike up the dominant peak in the vicinity of the cadet area. It is shown on the maps as North Peak, but most call it Eagle Peak.

Good steep hike with lots of rocks. Great challenge.

Took my dog on this trail not knowing what to expect. She did great, but if you have a short dog or one under 30 pounds it's going to have a hard time jumping up and down some of the larger boulders on the trail.
It was super fun, and a full body workout. Seriously-- I was dead by the end.
But gorgeous views at the top and following a pretty waterfall for most of it made the climb easier.
Will definitely go with my pup again.

Amazing! Scenery never got boring. Fun scramble over rocks!

fun rock hopping! beautiful views

We felt like this was more challenging than the incline! Coming down was hard since we were tired haha. Simply incredible view at top. No bears, only tracks and poo. Be careful

Terrific, difficult, and challenging!

Great trail. Off the beaten path. Great views. Nice little waterfall. Slippery on the downhill.

Does remind me of the inclline. Hard climb uphill, not super sturdy/accessible, great quick hike/workout.

Coming from a lower elevation in Connecticut, this was a difficult climb. Right above the air force academy, very rewarding views of Colorado Springs

The trail has been marked by blue dots and arrows, you'll want to use them, trust me.

This trail lives up to its rating, it's certainly hard. For those incline lovers who are itching for a similar (terrible) experience this is the trail for you. It's steep, lots of lose gravel and rough on the knees coming down.

Give yourself plenty of time, for two in shape adults in our 20s, it took us just over 2 hours out and back. Some groups are we ran into said they had been working on the summit for that time alone.

Overall, 9/10 would hike again.

Good trail. There was some rock scrambling near the top that is a lot of fun.

This is an excellent (and fairly tough) hike. I didn't have any problem finding the trailhead (I parked at the USAFA Visitors Center), I use the AllTrails app on my phone to keep me on track. There were only a couple times that I had to stop and search around for the trail, but again, using the app kept me on track. This hike is comparable to the Manitou Incline in terms of difficulty. Recommend good hiking shoes. Coming down is touch on the knees. Took me about 3 hours total round trip, and I'm 49.