Eagles Peak Trail

Eagles Peak Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near United States Air Force Academy, CO that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A popular hike up the dominant peak in the vicinity of the cadet area. It is shown on the maps as North Peak, but most call it Eagle Peak.

We felt like this was more challenging than the incline! Coming down was hard since we were tired haha. Simply incredible view at top. No bears, only tracks and poo. Be careful

Terrific, difficult, and challenging!

Great trail. Off the beaten path. Great views. Nice little waterfall. Slippery on the downhill.

Does remind me of the inclline. Hard climb uphill, not super sturdy/accessible, great quick hike/workout.

Coming from a lower elevation in Connecticut, this was a difficult climb. Right above the air force academy, very rewarding views of Colorado Springs

The trail has been marked by blue dots and arrows, you'll want to use them, trust me.

This trail lives up to its rating, it's certainly hard. For those incline lovers who are itching for a similar (terrible) experience this is the trail for you. It's steep, lots of lose gravel and rough on the knees coming down.

Give yourself plenty of time, for two in shape adults in our 20s, it took us just over 2 hours out and back. Some groups are we ran into said they had been working on the summit for that time alone.

Overall, 9/10 would hike again.

Good trail. There was some rock scrambling near the top that is a lot of fun.

This is an excellent (and fairly tough) hike. I didn't have any problem finding the trailhead (I parked at the USAFA Visitors Center), I use the AllTrails app on my phone to keep me on track. There were only a couple times that I had to stop and search around for the trail, but again, using the app kept me on track. This hike is comparable to the Manitou Incline in terms of difficulty. Recommend good hiking shoes. Coming down is touch on the knees. Took me about 3 hours total round trip, and I'm 49.

Great hike. What an amazing view!!

Definitely a fun and challenging hike. My only complaint is that the trail is mot marked well whatsoever. Actually ended up on a detour because of it. On my way back down ran into others that told me where to go. Once at the top, view are incredible!

beautiful views from the top...the final third of the trip is pretty rocky so wear good hiking shoes.

Hiked at 12pm and there was plenty of tree cover to make it comfortable. very steep Boulder hopping in the middle and a nice steep scree filled push near the top. the last part to the summet was scrambling over boulders. Round trip took 2hrs 20 minutes for two moderately fit 30 year olds. I certainly would not recommend this hike for kids or small dogs. All if the kids under the age of 10 that we saw were complaing, falling, or were being carried; which is very dangerous on this hike. Views were breathtaking.

The trailhead was difficult to find even after reading some reviews. I don't know if the AFA just put in this street sign, but from the visitors center, you hike up Pavilion Drive (dirt road) until you get to the trailhead. There were numerous cars parked on the dirt road even though it didn't look like you should park there. The hike was challenging for me, but enjoyable to try again. I did not summit today in the rain, but I would love to do this one again. Also, my dog seemed to enjoy treeing the chipmunks!

Great challenging hike to go on if you are looking for something to do in a few hours. Very scenic and there is an amazing view at the top.

Great views at the top. It's a climb to get there with a lot of scrambling the last 1/3 of the trail. It's close to town and easy to access.

Beautiful trail, little difficult at first to find, but easy enough to follow up. About half way up it gets very rocky, so I don't recommend this for beginners.

little hard to follow but fun along that beautiful creek.