Diamond Lake Trail

Diamond Lake Trail is a 5.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Nederland, CO that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Eldora: Travel west on CR #130 and then northwest on CR #111 to the 4th of July/Buckingham Park Campground. Hiking alternatives include Diamond Lake Trail from Hessie, Arapaho Glacier Trail from Rainbow Lakes, and Arapaho Pass from Monarch Lake (Hot Sulfur District).

Beautiful hike the entire way to the lake. Had a good amount of people on the trail (it was the weekend) so of course I was expecting it to be that way. Defiantly worth the drive out to the trail head.

Such a cool hike. It is a moderate hike, you have your fair share of incline and flatlands. One of the coolest views once you make it to the lake. There are camp sites around the lake that are first come first serve. I've never seen them all taken. I highly recommend this hike. So cool.

Wow, what a beautiful hike! I loved this trail and the amazing views! It does get a bit crowded, but it's well worth it.

Wow, wow, WOW. Beautiful hike all around, woodsy, waterfalls, amazing lake. Can't wait to camp up there this summer!

Once you reached the trailhead (1mi) I felt that the distance to the lake felt longer than a mile.

This was a spectacular hike! Beautiful, trickling creeks are all over. Gorgeous mountain views, wildlife, challenging slopes, it has it all. And the best part is obviously the lake!

The lake sits at the base of mammoth mountain peaks. It was snowing and blowing fierce winds during my journey, but still an awesome experience! It took me about 3.5 hours to hike, with stopping at some waterfalls and the lake. The trail is 2 miles each way. I'd say it's a moderate difficulty, steep at times, but not too hard.

Epic views, a gorgeous lake, and peaceful creeks make this hike one of my faves!

Great trail with beautiful views the entire way. Very windy yesterday!

Great hike! Fourth of July road is a little bumpy going up but four wheel drive isn't needed. The trail isn't busy which I love. A little over half way there's beautiful waterfalls. The incline was gradual. The hike took me about three hours and that was with a good time spent at the lake.

Such a beautiful hike! A little taxing on the lungs of this brand new Colorado resident, but so worth the trip! It took about 3 hours with amazing viewpoint stops along the way. The lake itself is crystal clear and gorgeous! Be cautious of the road leading up to the trailhead- it's a fairly bumpy ride!

Wife and I are new to hiking but love adventure. This trail has everything we could have asked for in a Colorado hike. Creeks, waterfalls, rugged terrain mixed with easy paths, and a great view as you reach the lake. The trail itself is great if you're looking for a bit of a challenge, and it really provided a great sense of being deep in the wilderness at points. The last 4-5 miles on the drive in are the only thing I'd be wary of. The road is meant for a vehicle that can take a bit if a beating in suspension and tires, but it's well worth the trek!

This trail has everything, woods, meadows, waterfalls, water crossings, alpine lakes. I love it! It's a leg and lung killer towards the top

fly fishing

Really nice hike. The trail is rather rough with lots of rocks, roots and wet spots to navigate through. The scenery is awesome and it includes several waterfalls along the way. Diamond lake itself is good sized crystal clear and very scenic. We did the hike in six hours for the round-trip which included fishing at diamond Lake where we caught a cutthroat trout. There are several campsites at diamond Lake. We camped at the parking lot at the trailhead in an area where there's picnic tables near a small river. I'm not sure we were allowed to but they were great campsites LOL. We hiked the trail on a Sunday during the peak of fall colors and the trail was very busy with people including lots of dogs and kids just FYI.

Small waterfall about halfway up. The top is beautiful!

Did this one with a friend and took us 3 hours out, hanging at the lake, and back. Absolutely beautiful scenery the whole way with streams and waterfalls leading to the lake. Definitely recommend!

Great hike, complete with streams and waterfalls. Lots of nice switchbacks, LOTS of great views of the mountains around, and a nice little lake to picnic at when you reach it. Completed on 10-1-16 with my fiancée. The Eldora town at the bottom of the drive to the hike is booming with fall colors still! Do it!!!

Beautiful hike. The fall colors are unbelievable right now.

Finding parking was a little tough, so get there early.

Did this hike yesterday! It was snowing lightly pretty much the whole time and very chilly. The hike itself is pretty easy. You do have to cross a few creeks but nothing waterproof shoes can't handle. Two waterfalls on the way to the lake. The lake was beautiful. Started at 9am and finished around 12. Def suggest starting early the train was getting crowded on my way back down.