Devil's Canyon 4x4 Road

Devil's Canyon 4x4 Road is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Idaho Springs, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

scenic driving

A fun loop not far from entrance to Mt. Evans A fun loop with several side roads to explore. Trail is open to motorized traffic June 15 through Nov. 15. Gate is locked the rest of the year. Broad views from top of mountain. Parking along Highway 103 near start of trail. Before or after you drive this trail, consider a trip to Echo Lake and Mt. Evans, just another 2.5 miles past the trailhead on Hwy. 103. Fun area for unlicensed vehicles with many legal side roads to explore. High Point 10,300 ft., Best time to go: Late June through mid October. Located in Arapaho National Forest. For current conditions call Clear Creek Ranger District (303) 567-3000. Much of this trail is easy; however, there is one steep, rocky spot that is borderline difficult. This section may be closed on future MVUMs. If closed, continue east short distance, turn left and go out the way you came in.

off road driving

Took the kids and wife in the 98 TJ, 33" tires, 4" lift for a nice Sunday excursion. Not a hard trail, mostly rocky and couple areas with deep ruts that made the kids wahoo! This time of year, with the aspens turning, just beautiful drive. Yes, there was a makeshift target practice range just off trail, but it was safely being used during our trip. Lots of areas to camp.

off road driving

First time using the app and first time taking our 06 Dodge Ram 1500 (small lift, wheels and tires) off road. The trail was cool. Narrow in some spots. Nothing too crazy but a few rocky spots. It was a nice drive. Saw a few groups of campers. One large group shooting guns at the top of a hill in our direction. That pissed me off so I did my best to hurry past them. I stopped to take a picture a little ways up the trail. I got out to take the picture and suddenly bullets were whizzing past. The group had changed direction and again was shooting in our direction. This was terrifying because I had my two small children with me. I was furious. I hurried back into the truck and up the trail only to encounter a group of teenagers in a Honda CR-V. They asked if I'd seen a large group of people. I let them know that they were on top of the hill shooting. I'm glad no one was hurt!
We had a great time other than the morons shooting and don't get me wrong I EDC and I love to shoot but you can't be an idiot, someone will get hurt.