Dawson Butte Ranch Open Space Trail

Dawson Butte Ranch Open Space Trail is a 4.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Larkspur, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Trail report 12/28/16: Snow, ice, water, mud in some of the shady spots on the trail, but mostly dry. I liked this loop a lot. It's ideal for people who like to wander, meander and roam. If you seek elevation gain, you will likely be disappointed. It's a nice blend of meadows and Ponderosa pine forest. Some of the trees are very old. I went midweek, so, not a lot of folks on the trail. I saw 2 equestrians, 2 trail bikers and 2 trail runners over the 5 mile loop. I hiked it solo, which felt safe and comfortable, but there are big kitties out there- glad I had my bells on. Overall, a very relaxing hike. I also liked that they have off shoot trails for horseback riding which include some cross country horse jumps. Looks like fun!

Had a great ride here today. Stunning scenery and fun, fast singletrack. Just watch out for the horse *^$#!

Beautiful loop.

This trail was fantastic, especially good for trail running due to the flatness and fairly stable surface. It had beautiful fall color low level trees and bushes in addition to pine forest and open Mesa. Several great views of the butte emerge as the trail meanders through one beautiful setting after another.

Fairly easy trail but it had recently been flooded which required a detour. The detour was poorly marked and took us back to where the detour started. We took the access road our which put a damper on the hike. Normally, I think it would be better.

loved this trail! love thar it was a loop. love that it was rugged but not too difficult. loved the varied terrain. loved the view. do note that there are many horses.