Crosier Mountain Trail

Crosier Mountain Trail is a 9.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Drake, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until September.

Directions from Loveland: Access #1: Travel west on Highway 34 approximately 15 miles to County Road 43, then travel north 8 miles to the site. Just west of the livery stables, there is a dirt road going south marked by a Crosier Mtn Trail sign. Park your vehicle off the highway and keep roadways clear. Access #2: Travel west on Highway 34 approximately 15 miles to County Road 43, then travel 6.5 miles to the trailhead. There is a large gravel cut on the south side of the road. A trail sign sits just up the hill from a gate.Access #3: Travel west on Highway 34 to County Road 43, then travel north 2.5 miles to the trailhead. Look for a small metal gate on the south side of the road. There is a small parking area near the gate.

I've done this hike countless times and love it even more every time I do it. The hike only takes me about 4 hours round trip. I love the meadow in the middle.

Awesome hike took about 7 hours hard with the snow on the ground

This really is one of the most amazing hikes Ive been on around here. I took the southernmost trailhead off of 43 and the combinations of meadows and steep slopes plus amazing mountain views is hard to beat. Didnt quite make it to the peak as it was getting dark, but I will next time!

What a fantastic hike. I enjoyed this one more than the famous Estes Park hikes. And the best part of it all? NO PEOPLE.

I took me about 6 hours, beautiful changing landscapes along the way. From rocky and steep to flat wide grassland.

I ran into a huge bull moose right before reaching the summit.

I'm a very fit 30 year old but found this hike to be very strenuous. If you looking for a beautiful trail to experience raw nature without seeing another human being, this is the one.

Awesome views from the peak! A strenuous hike but well worth it.

Great hike! One hell of a workout, but the views at the top were incredible. Make sure you don't take the trail that leads to Glen Haven, I hiked 2 extra miles cause I missed the sign pointing to the summit.

Great views, well marked trails, uphill but the rewards are worth it!

Either I am not in as good of shape as I think I am, or this can be rated "difficult" instead of "moderate"...lots of steep areas. Yes, it does go into a nice valley here and there, but I thought it was difficult! It was enjoyable though. Lots of pretty views of the mountains.

Please be careful of rattle snakes. My dog is in the ER now.

Great hike/run. 10 miles 3200 feet of gain. Great views along the way and at the top.

Did the first few miles due to weather, time and not being prepared. It was a beautiful hike for sure!!

Strenuous but worth it for the views at the end.

Great hike, and beautiful views!! Definitely better be in shape to make it to the summit!