Colorado Mines Peak and Blue Lake Trail

Colorado Mines Peak and Blue Lake Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Idaho Springs, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and snowshoeing and is accessible from June until August. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Amazing views from beginning to end! Make sure to go in the morning to get back before afternoon storms roll in.

Fun spring snow hike. (5-2014)

This was my first hike at this elevation, and the 1.5 mile climb up the mountain took me a solid 90 minutes. I had to stop frequently to catch my breath and drink water. Fortunately the trail itself is rather easy: it's basically a dirt road that zig zags up the mountain. But the elevation can get to you, at least if you're from out of town like me.

The views on the hike and from the summit are incredible. Makes the drive from Denver (75 minutes) and the hike completely worth it.

Apparently it gets crowded on weekends, but I hiked this on a Monday morning and there was not a single person on the mountain until I made my descent (which took half as long as my ascent).