Cinnamon Pass Road

Cinnamon Pass Road is a 26.8 mile point-to-point trail located near Lake City, CO and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is accessible from May until October.

26.8 miles Point to Point

off road driving

5 hours and 50 miles on a quad ride through Engineer Pass. An amazing experience! We had sun with dry heat to snow with cold air then came the rain! would do it time and time again. Many on the trail were in jeeps but I would have to recommend going on an ATV. The feeling of riding through the pass with open air all around you while being exposed to the elements was something I will never forget.

off road driving

This drive was spectacular!!! Highly recommend to capable drivers and cars (agree with Rick Powelson below) Came up from the west in Silverton and the road was manageable in our Xterra PRO4X, but there was one section of rock very near to the top on the east side of the pass that may have stopped us if we were headed down from Lake City. 20% 4LO (scattered from just before Animas Forks to a bit east of summit) 55% 4HI (western entrance) 25% 2WD (eastern entrance) Breathtaking, mindblowing ranges surrounding you the entire drive.

off road driving

Opened today but maybe not tomorrow. Lot and lots of snow. Muddy. Took a chance with mh work truck, made it, The previous pics don't do it justice. Rocky rocky rocky. Some divots as deep as 3 feet. The switch backs were rivers from the run off. The last one, east bound to lake city has a sizable drop that if not careful, could leave you high centered. I do agree, stock 4x4 not recommended, but not impossible, but if u do maybe wait til late June, or July. No dully! That would be just stupid,

scenic driving

Steep roads on top ,but still can drive up the road, with four wheel drive 4 runner.1999 Sept.

off road driving

Gone on this trail twice as part of the Alpine Loop trail which also includes Engineer Pass. It is not very difficult at all but as with all the trails in the area, the views are gorgeous and it is well worth the while!

off road driving

Jeeped this one as part of the Alpine Loop. Not too hard, but some tricky switchbacks here and there. I always recommend people not take stock 4x4 vehicles on these mountain passes; rent a proper Jeep or ATV. But if you think you can do it, don't let me stop you. I just think it's a bad idea. Definitely no passenger cars....that's just plain dumb.

off road driving

The Cinnamon Pass Road is part of the Alpine Loop. I traveled this road from Lake City to Animas Forks. Great scenery, even traces of snow near the end of August.

off road driving

We started in Silverton and ended in Lake City, via Cinnamon Pass. Jeeping was rather difficult in early June, there was plenty of snow still on the trails. At times we had to get out and push. But what views and what fun for us Rhode Islanders.