Cheyenne Mountain State Park Big Loop Trail

Cheyenne Mountain State Park Big Loop Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Pretty but too close to highway to be really lovely.

Great trail system in Cheyenne Mountain State Park. Well marked and many trails to choose. My wife and I went last Sunday for the first time and we decided on Blackmer Loop after talking to one of the park employees. We started in Talon, then Zook Loop until we find Blackmer Loop. We took Medicine Wheel back to Zook Loop and end up in the parking lot by Talon. 5 miles total with moderate, well maintain and marked trails. It was a little lonely in Blackmer Loop but we enjoyed it.
Most definitely we will be back!

Well maintained and scenic. I hiked the Talon and Talon North Trails, which were quite the workout. Would recommend.

Nature shouldn't be rated based on your dog access.

My wife and I hike the trails in Cheyenne Mountain State Park frequently. Very good scenery with some views of Colorado Springs and surrounding countryside. Not challenging unless you walk the Talon trail and it can get steep at times but well maintained trails. See deer, rabbit, lizards almost every time. Beware of horse riders on the Talon Trail. Respectful but not always much room to get out of their way.

I haven't gone yet, plan to go, and am just reviewing with five stars because some a-holes think that a lower review is deserved because of their dogs

Warm and exposed, some non poisonous snakes and lizards. Sparse brush and open gentle hills.

Really fun!

Cheyenne mountain trail, Real close trail and is short hike, we ran up it in like 20 min, but well worth while view and get to check out gold camp road along the way. very well maintained

From the CSP website on Cheyenne Mountain:

"Due to the diversity of the wildlife in the park, dogs are not allowed on the trails or in the back country.

Having said this, we know that dogs are important members of the family and they are always welcome in the campgrounds and picnic areas. They must be on a leash at all times and you must pick up after them. Never let your dog chase or harass wildlife."