Cherry Creek Reservoir Loop Trail

Cherry Creek Reservoir Loop Trail is a 8.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Aurora, CO that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Nice easy walk, but not really quick or short. Sunrise and sunset offer some great photos, but other than that, it's your standard res.

Surprisingly pretty for being right in the center of civilization

I am new to town and didn't realize it was a state park and has a $9 entrance fee. I would have gone somewhere else if I knew that BUT it is a fun place to go. Lots of bikers, swimmers (yes, in the lake), fishers, boaters, runners. I was looking for a hike but didn't know where a trail was so we just got out and walked around. There is sand all around the resivor so it's like a mini beach. We walked on that for a while till we eventually did find a trail (there are paved trails and gravel trails) that lead through some trees that opened up into a prairie. I was looking for something that was similar to mountains and I accept what I found. I would give this place 4 stars but I think a $9 day pass is too pricey.

Fun area to walk around right in the middle of the city. For as much traffic that surrounds the park, it is very quiet. I prefer the wetland trail right off the main road as it's more natural and filled with wildlife. I've seen bobcats, foxes, coyotes, birds and deer here.

this hike was relaxing and reminded my like if I were near the bay walking in some areas by the reservoir because of its various locations to walk around makes it very pleasant to enjoy a walk here.

flat but the nearly 12 miles was pretty and cool ecosystems.

Great trail. Watch out for cyclist!

We told the lady at the front desk we would like to hike and she gave us a map. She forgot to mention that all the trails were closed. There isn't anything to see here.

Go here every time I'm in the area ..great for workout on my bike ..alway plenty of bikers no matter what time ..

Excellent walk around the water. Some shade made it pleasant.