Cherry Creek Spillway Trail

Cherry Creek Spillway Trail is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Aurora, CO that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The Cherry Creek Spillway Trail offers wide open views with the Denver skyline as a distant backdrop. Along the way, recreational opportunities abound as the path winds through Aurora's Wheel Park and Olympic Park. The trail also provides an important connection between other trails that run through Horseshoe Park (Toll Gate Creek Trail, West Toll Gate Creek Trail and Powerline Trail) and those in Cherry Creek State Park, at its southern tip.

No shade.. it's hot! But the prairie dogs and rattlesnakes are there to keep you company

I find this to be a great trail for those who want to keep away from traffic, yet have a good workout. When I wish to walk up to ten miles, all I do is walk to the start from 9 mile sration, and go up to Yale/ Chamders, then back down to the bottom. Each time is about 3 miles when done both ways. I'll do this until it's been done 3 times each way. This keeps me away from traffic, and in the middle section, all one hears is the animals and occasionally a siren or two. But for me, it gives the workout I seek, and the miles I need. in the morning and evening, deer and occasionally a coyote is visible. I have only walked it so far, but bikes are very common. Just watch out for the high population of prairie dog's. they're very common. Hawks and other birds are also very popular during the walk.

it's an amazing view and work out but beware of snake, deer, and elk. ran into all three in the past few days.

y of my y s of you 50th anniversary e I i7th 7 Iy 857 it was e797 and

9th, ou

It's a functional path to get from (or to) Cherry Creek Reservoir from many points in Aurora. Prairie dogs own the surrounding land.