Chatfield Dog Park

Chatfield Dog Park is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Littleton, CO that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and cross country skiing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

wheelchair friendly

Chatfield State Park is a 0.2 mile trail located near Littleton, Colorado. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Horses are also able to use this trail.

amazing

It's like a dog party! Easy path to run or walk around.

Very easy walk. Pretty dry area, a lot of yellow vegetation. The little pond is great for the dogs, they love to swim there. Not too crowded, they also offer clean up stations and dog water fountains.

Love love love taking my dogs here. I love to see the joy of dogs running around free. My dogs love this place. If your dogs love to run, walk and swim in the water? This is the place! Worth to have state pass and dog pass so can come here and cherry creek as many time you want. Happy dogs, happy mama I am!

My wife and I live in Kansas City but frequent the south Denver area a few times a year. Some friends of ours invited us to this dog park with them and their two dogs. I couldn't be more impressed with this park. We visited on a Saturday when it was 60 degrees. Perfect weather and it was moderately busy, which we didn't mind at all. Cost us $8 to get into the park and $2 for the dog park. Well worth it! Will be back again.

Nice hot, relaxing day with the dogs. They enjoyed the ponds and jumping around in the bushes.

This is hands down the best Dog park I have ever had the pleasure of using. My wife and I now take our dogs here every week day morning for a 1.67 mile walk around the park on the paved trail. (the overview above stating this is a .2 mile trail is wrong - the loop is 1.67 miles)

My favorite activity to do here is cross country skiing in the winter time with my dogs. The trails do not get plowed or shoveled in the winter but the park is open every day year round. A couple laps around this 1.67 mile trail on X-Country skii's feels great since it's mostly flat it's quite easy to do even if I have to blaze the first trail myself.

This walk goes around two ponds however the photos posted above by Joey Willett are not photos of the Chatfield Dog park, they are photos of the actual reservoir which is not inside the dog park.

As the commenters before me noted, this is a dog park. Being inside a State Park it is a Fee use area which costs $2/day or $20 for a year pass. Just as the park itself costs $8/day or ~$76 for a year pass.

This park is huge and clean. Definitely a 5 star dog park in my opinion. Even the people and dogs that you find here are great!

Less of a hike than a FANTASTIC off leash dog park. No elevation changes to speak off, wide open trails with beautiful views of the foothills. You will need a park pass for Chatfield (or an annual Colorado State Parks Pass), as well as a day pass for each dog (couple bucks each), or an annual for ~$25. Worth every penny if you're bringing your furry friends.

If you're looking for a larger park with elevation changes and more of an actual hike, check out Evergreen (Elk Meadows) off leash dog park.

Not exactly what I would consider a hike, but it is a nice place. This is a wonderful (fenced) 69-acre off-leash dog park with several trails (paved and unpaved) winding through it. There are a two ponds for the dogs to swim in, plus watering stations for two and four-legged guests. It is very easy terrain, and overall a fun place to take your dog. Fairly busy all year round.

**Horses are NOT able to go into the dog park. They're allowed in Chatfield State Park.**