Cascade Falls

Cascade Falls is a 7.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Grand Lake, CO that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until August. Horses are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

Took 5.5 hours out and back with my 4 year old son; only carried him about a half mile or so the whole way. Definitely kid friendly. The pine tree aroma filled the air, and the sun was shining. Be sure to bring a day pack with water and snacks. Saw a mule deer on the way back and about a half dozen squirrels. Fresh bear scat was on the trail about 1 mile from the trail head, but I'm sure we made too much noise to see anything up close.

Great hike very very beautiful! I have a bad ankle and did think it was a little harder than "easy" overall very gorgeous. Well worth the pain today

The first mile or so was not as nice as the rest. Saw a mama mule deer and two babies. The greeted us coming and again going out. The falls were okay, if you have never seen one close up you will enjoy.

Well maintained. Mostly double wide. Beautiful scenery. Saw a female moose.

Nice, medium length, relatively easy hike from the Grand Lake area. Watch out for moose and mule deer.

Hike

Beautiful falls

Nice little hike with a reward at the end. First third is fairly exposed to the sun with the forest somewhat diseased, so wear sunscreen. Waterfall is great spot for lunch.

Amazing quite easy with slight up and down. We took our time and finished in 3.5 hours. At the fork there's no sign for Cascade Falls. stay right and go further up the trail. it's worth it.

My first time to backpack in CO. We stayed 4 nights at 3 different campsites along the North Inlet trail. We passed this waterfall a couple of times. It is a great hike. I plan on seeing even more of the area next time! Beautiful country!

A warm day for the hike and didn't bring enough water to drink. Waterfall didn't disappoint. Pine scented fresh air was refreshing. Not much wildlife to see today. Glimpsed a fox near the lot.

Seeing the falls at the end of the hike was great. However, not much shade on the trail when you get started. Still worth checking out though!

An amazingly beautiful hike! Lots of wildlife. Moose in the fields, deer on the trail, and horses too! I am pretty new at hiking and found a few spots that I would have considered moderate. Beautiful wildflower as well. Hiked on July 3, 2016.

Great hike. Suggest going 1/4 mile further from Cascade Falls to see great rapids. Had a nice lunch sitting by the rapids. Saw moose and deer on the down side.

We got two miles in before we realized we couldn't have our tiny dog with us. We were carrying her in her pack, so she wasn't walking or anything, but two sets of people were elitist dicks about it. So we turned around and left. I cried the whole way back until I got some fruit snacks and a tequila. I have to say, RMNP people are hit and miss on the friendly scale. I found the people in Arches to be super chill in comparison.

What we did hike though was pretty great. Beautiful scenery and a good mix of sun and shade. It's an easy walk to the trail head from town, too. I hope to do the whole thing someday. I also hope the mean people get a little diarrhea. Just enough to ruin their day, but not their week.

More of a nature walk for a long time, but there is a bit of an incline towards the end. The falls are beautiful and worth it though!