Cascade Creek 4x4 Road

Cascade Creek 4x4 Road is a 12 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Idaho Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

scenic driving

Loop route winds through complex network of roads This loop passes through a network of mountain roads between Georgetown and Idaho Springs. It is surrounded by residential property on all sides. We've chosen to enter via Cascade Creek Road because it passes less private property and offers parking for unlicensed vehicles. High Point 11,050 ft., Best time to go: Late June-early October. Located in Arapaho National Forest. For current conditions call Clear Creek Ranger district (303) 567-3000 Very rocky and slow-going. Should only be attempted by the most aggressive stock SUVs with skid plates and high ground clearance. We've done it in our stock Grand Cherokee, but it was brutal.

off road driving

Super fun trail. I would definitely recommend a high clearance 4x4 for some areas. The aspens are awesome. I will say that the trail is not that clearly market so just pay attention and you will be fine. Average speed was about 3.5 mph so plan accordingly. Happy jeeping!

Great trip! If your looking for an area you can spend the entire day this is it! As decribed if you get off the "main trail" you can get lost for hours. (Fun) My daughter and I spent about 6 hours driving the area. We found some pretty good 4x4 obsticles, off the main trail and found some great places to camp in the future. With that said we stayed on all established roads! Very important to "Stay the Trail" !!