Broomfield & Louisville Loop Trail

Broomfield & Louisville Loop Trail is a 11.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Louisville, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Enjoy this loop trail that meanders along creeks, beside a pond, through pumpkin fields and over Colorado hills. This trail wanders through the communities of Louisville, Broomfield, and Lafayette, Colorado. Most of the ride is on open space trails, but portions of it also utilize Dillon Road and S. 120th Street. There are three good trailheads from which to access this trail, and each trailhead is in a different one of the three communities mentioned above. This is an all-season trail including portions of it open for snowshoeing and nordic skiing during the winter. During the fall it bisects a huge pumpkin farm with unbelievably orange hillsides. After a good bike ride, the town of Louisville makes a good stopping spot with a great park and a hospitable old-town, downtown. It has an abundance of delectable restaurants, friendly coffee shops, and unique shopping experiences.

We enjoyed the walk on this trip. Some people need some schooling of trail edicts.

I take it you live out in the countryside. When I was a kid I use to live in the country and loved biking around the district.Here,where I live in Japan,I am on the outskirts of the city,so I only have a short ride to get to the countryside.As Rice is a popular sort of farming,it's great to bike past the hectares of rice-fields,especially the terraced fields.This Thursday I will be going to the final castle,in my series of castles in the Kansai region.This one will be great as it is in the middle of a farming area.The area is also famous for Goldfish ponds.Keep an eye out for when I post the guide.
Have a great day,
Barry.

The best thing about this trip is that the trail runs right behind my house. It was nice to be able to post some pictures from all four seasons for a change.

Hey Kevin,
Great trip. Congratulations. It reminds me of parts of "Kiwiland".
Regards,