Booth Lake

Booth Lake is a 7.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Vail, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and backpacking and is accessible from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A beautiful lake tucked away in an alpine cirque with fantastic wildflowers. The trail climbs through forest and meadows past Booth Falls, a 60-foot waterfall. Bring your own water as the creek is not always near the trail. The lake is near treeline - arrive early to beat afternoon thunderstorms. Hunters may use this area during hunting season. The trail is neither marked nor maintained for winter and crosses several avalanche paths.

Hiked to the lake yesterday. Excellent hike with great views. Chiming in here to confirm what a few other reviewers wrote: it's 10 miles round trip, not 7.8 miles, and the last 1/2 mile is tough (especially due to the over 11k feet altitude) but well worth it. Bring lunch, lots of water, and wear layers -- warm at bottom, very cold strong wind at the top.

Awesome day hike in Vail! Just shy of 8 miles, if you are a faster hiker you can be up and down in 4 hours, but take your time and have lunch at the tip and it's a great time. There are gorgeous views of Vail mountain and mount holy cross as you hike up. If you're not use to the elevation it will kick your butt, the falls is only half way up, with the hardest part just before you reach the lake. Snow in the early season makes it very difficult and mud in the late season.

Best hike in Vail. 5 hours.

Best hike I've ever done. Lucky enough to hike this on a perfect fall day at peak color. Tough hike but so worth it.

It's a tough hike but one of my favorites (and I hike a lot). Do it in the spring, and there are tons of wild flowers and meadows. A few waterfalls on the way up, an apsen grove of the biggest aspens you will see, and the trail zig zags through the gulch so it feels like you are in a different place every time you swerve. Just a wonderful hike.

It's easily 10mile trip so beware of the extra mileage. Great trail which really thins out after the falls a bit before 2miles. Steep spots but the breaks so doable.

This trail is breathtaking. It took us 1 hour and 10 minutes to get to the falls. Beautiful meadows and waterfall. We decided to keep going and were VERY glad we did. Gorgeous additional 2 hour hike to lake. Spectacular views, meadows, stream. The lake at the top is beautiful. Took 2.5 hours to get all the way down from lake to parking lot. Total distance is more like 10 miles. Total time was 6 hours including lunch break. My husband and I are in our mid fifties and in average shape (but hike a lot). This is a tough hike, but glorious. Would highly recommend it. Bring walking sticks.

beautiful hike! not for everyone thought. it's one of the harder ones I've done. the lake and view are definitely worth it

We have mad this hike numerous times and absolutely love it!!!!!

Beautiful and steep hike to Booth Falls and up to Booth Lake. Abundant in Wild flowers and expansive views of the valley and mountains. Heavily trafficked to the falls and much less so to the lake. A must do hike for anyone looking for a strenuous but rewarding hike easily accessible from Vail Village!

My wife and I are in our late 50's. She's very fit and I am not. We made the round trip to the lake in 9 hours, with about an hour stop at the falls. We took four bottles of water and filled them from the river when they ran out. So, that was 8 bottles of water and we should probably have had twice that much! We got very dehydrated. The hike was gorgeous and we saw ground squirrels, beaver, and mountain goats. There were a lot of biting flies that attacked my wife but didn't seem interested in me. Neither of used bug spray. Overall a great hike and highly recommend it.