Booth Falls Trail

Booth Falls Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Vail, CO that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

5 minutes ago

Beautiful!!

Scenic, awesome

Fabulous hike. Beautiful views, not too difficult so anyone can make it to the falls. Wild flowers past their peak but still in bloom. Will take extra time next go-around and work my way down below the falls; sure there must be some way to get there.

Aug 2011 - By far the best trail I've encountered in the immediate Vail area. Scenic the whole way though. Nice stop at the waterfall, and the river and wildflowers are gorgeous.

Very nice hike. Not nearly as difficult as Berry Picker in my opinion.

Amazing family hike. Strenuous but worth it

Incredible hike although it did get a little tough at times. Plenty of places to stop and rest to enjoy the view. Recommend taking the little trail that leads to the creek about half way through.

Very beautiful hike! Would have given it a 5, but I would have liked to have had a trail that takes you to the bottom of the waterfall. Otherwise, this is a must do hike!

I found this hike to be on the strenuous end of moderate. Definitely worth every moment! We did not go past the falls but we did climb down into the stream and then follow the stream up to the falls and then further up to the next falls. Very very nice!!

Gorgeous wildflowers.

Absolutely worth every inch of hiking to get to the falls! Best time: July

Went lake July and there were fields of wild flowers which made the trail even more beautiful. I also recommend going past the falls up to booth lake, another 3.5 miles and 2000 elevation gain (lake elev. 11,500). Weather was warm so wear a hat and also bring bug spray. Wonderful hike. I would say this is a very moderate-strenuous hike.

We were in CO for 10 days. This was not my favorite hike but was one we truly enjoyed. However, as a fit family I would actually rate this hike on the upper end of moderate. My husband and I are also a trail runners used to being on trails. It is a lot of uphill and coming back does require some balance coordination. Our kids are 10 and 12 and complained some on the way up but with small breaks and plenty of water they did make it up in a little over a hour.

We did not hike past the falls. I did read other reviews about needing lots of water (we hiked in July around 11am) and I agree with that. I did not take the bug spray suggestions seriously because none of our other hikes had bugs. This one has LOTS of biting flies, etc so bring bug spray!

Enjoy!

KEEP GOING PAST THE FALLS! The most beautiful hike we have done in a long time, but unfortunately most people stop at Booth Falls. The trail to the falls is about 2 easy miles that took us around 90 minutes to reach. The trail had lots of traffic on it, but had pretty scenery. We decided to keep going past the Falls to the lake and it was the BEST DECISION we've made! So many gorgeous views of mountains, wild flowers, etc. you can see Vail Mountain and Mt of the Holy Cross in the distance- just breathtaking. When you reach the lake it's just the icing on the top! Don't miss this spectacular hike! Past the falls we hiked another 2.5 hours (moderate to hard hiking), but it was well worth it! Total trip time was about 7 hours, but we stopped frequently to feed and change our 10 month old!

Nos encanto! Es precioso el camino en medio de un bosque y un valle de pinos, y al llega a las cascadas resulta como un muy buen premio para un buen recorrido... Preciosos paisajes...

It is a rocky climb through Aspens then opens up to the Falls and Booth Lake beyond.

I accidentally started the trail on the small trail to the left of the trailhead that almost got me lost until I saw people on the actual trail ahead of me. Pretty hike though.