Blue Sky Trail

Blue Sky Trail is a 16.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Fort Collins, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

16.1 miles 2099 feet Out & Back

$6 parking fee

Loved the trail and the view. I hiked it but I think a mountain bike is more the idea on this one.

Super fun! Perfect for all levels. Connects to Lory state park and coyote ridge areas.

Was fun for mountain biking, was pretty hot and not any shade spots. Would be better to hit it earlier in the morning or later in the evening if you want to avoid the heat.

A good mountain biking trail especially when paired with the Indian summer loop. Not very exciting for hiking.

One of my least favorite hiking trails near Ft Collins. It's pretty flat and not overly challenging. Probably good if you are hiking with kids though. I was disappointed that for the first two miles or so the trail basically parallels a dirt road. And you have to pay $6 to park. I'd recommend starting your hike at Coyote Ridge or Devil's Backbone. No fee to park and much more challenging/prettier. I don't mountain bike but this seemed like a trail more tailored to bikers.

Great single track with some technical spots, but some fast spots as well. My first time mountain biking in Colorado and it didn't disappoint! Lots of little side trails along the way. Check it out on bike or foot.

This was my first "real" experience mountain biking, and I absolutely loved it! There are a lot of experienced mountain bikers that cruise through quickly and connect to Indian Summers (?) trail for a longer ride. There were plenty of people on the trail hiking, biking, running, etc, but I was there mid-morning on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend, so I'm not sure if this is typical or not. To use this trail is a $6 fee at the trailhead. I completed the out-and-back portion of the Blue Sky Trail which included a pretty decent incline and after about 1.5 some really good rollers that were fun. I think this is a great trail for beginners on bikes as it includes the best and worst of biking and isn't insanely long and my experienced friends like it for quick and fun rides. I don't know if I'd be stoked to hike it on a hot day as there is NO coverage/shade at all.