Blodgett Peak

Blodgett Peak is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Colorado Springs, CO and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and snowshoeing and is accessible from May until September.

This hike is a great workout, it is pretty much all up hill steep besides the first trek from the parking lot. Must be cautious when going down due to the loose rock and occasional wobbly big rocks. Once at the top it's worth all of the work. Would do again.
Enjoy.

I've done this climb several times and definitely enjoy it. However, I would definitely rate this as, at least, Moderate-Difficult for several reasons:
1) Other than the start, it's fairly steep.
2) Other than the start, the trail is NOT well marked at all
3) You'll either spend a good long while climbing a fairly steep, long boulder field or you'll be climbing a fairly steep, long hill of loose scree.

Even though I've done it several times, and carefully researched each time, there's simply not a single trail that's clearly and consistently enough marked. So, every time you go, it'll be a new experience because (short of strict adherance to a previous GPS route) you'll likely never find the way you went before nor the routes that others describe.

If you're into steep, challenging climbs this is the trail for you! The trail is moderate until you get to the water tower by the road or reaching the end of Hummingbird Trail. Then be prepared for increasingly vertical trail until you reach the saddle on the west side of the summit. Reviewers are correct that the trail to the summit has many forks. While ascending if you stay to the left (west) of the boulder field next to the cliff face you'll end up in the saddle between the summit and another lesser peak. From there head up the boulder field due east where the top is a few hundred yards away.

While going up is a cardio workout, coming down will totally tax your legs and balance due to the steep scree fields. Good gripping trail shoes or boots are a must! Ankle gaiters will keep the gravel out of your shoes. A camelback with 3 liters will come in handy. You'll be thrilled to get to gently sloping trail near the bottom.

The view on the summit is totally worth the effort to get there! 360 degree views of the entire area. See my pics. On the way, we saw hummingbirds, falcons, ravens, chipmunks, stellar jays, and a smooth green snake! The small waterfall half way up trail was a nice rest stop.

You'll feel a sense of accomplishment to reach the summit but you'll no doubt feel the burn while doing it!

Great views, but very difficult if not wearing proper shoes. Slipping and sliding will be your world on this trail. I guess the reason it is moderate is the length because it is as difficult or more difficult than many other rated difficult trails.

Beautiful hike! But be ready for a difficult hike! Easy to lose the trail if you're not paying attention. Getting to the top with the awesome 360 view made it all worth it! You'll need to be careful coming down. All that steep terrain going up made for a slow going, slippery decline!

Tougher than expected. The loose footing made you really concentrate both directions. Not sure if we made it to the top or not the trail was not well defined at the top. A good workout and fun time with my sons and nephew. I'd recommend this trail just be ready for it, it's sneaky hard.

It's a pretty trail and a change of pace from the nearby trails off Cheyenne Canyon. On the upper half, the footing is very poor. Frankly, I'd say it's harder to climb than the Manitou Incline which is rated as more difficult on this app. Plus you have to come back down through that difficult footing.
Come enjoy this trail but be prepared for the difficulty.

Easy forest service road up to the water tower but all uphill. Several trails thru the forest, well marked, open sun & shaded areas with rock formations, a little brook & substantial views. Nicely maintained trails but there is loose gravel on downhill trails.

Some friends and I thought this would be a fun local hike since we all live in the neighborhood. It was not! Starting about .5mi up the trails get very poorly marked and tricky to determine which ones will lead to the summit. Once we chose a correct trail, it was essentially just scrambling up gravel on the side of the hill until we started scrambling up the boulder fields. When we had eroded the soil and were able to reach the top, there were gnats, flies, and other bugs everywhere! We couldn't take a drink of water without getting them in our bottles. Overall, this area is terribly marked and an unsustainable trail system, which is very disappointing.

A tough little trail, the rock gets loose and slippery on the second half up. Trail is sufficiently marked with cairns, but I can imagine it would be hard to keep when it snows. Walking sticks are a must at least for me, and I still fell a few times

Good for trail running.

99% up hill, super steep grades and a trail that becomes harder to follow as you go up; very easy to lose. This is one trail where you are REALLY gonna need a walking stick.

Check the weather before hand too. "Cloudy with a 20% chance of rain" turned into a near hour long blizzard I was not prepared for and had to turn around. And so close to the top too! Completely lost the trail coming down in the snow, found myself at the precipice of a cliff, and ended up having to back track back up in the near white out. Fell on my ass repeatedly on the very steep grades, especially the loose dirt ones. My knees were killing me before the bottom.

Rated as Moderate but I've been up Barr Trail, and this is def much tougher. Not much to see on the way up, though. It'll be a while before I do this one agian.

This hike will definitely challenge you if you are not an experienced hiker. Parts of the trail were completely indiscernible. This was partly because of the snow but I'm pretty sure that some of the cairns were knocked down once you get further up. I would not recommend taking small children on this hike. It is very steep, lots of gravel, and you need to be prepared for bouldering, especially if you lose the trail in parts. All that aside, it is a lot of fun and the views from the top are beautiful!

Great hike, from IN and was out to see our son at the academy 2 weeks ago. We flew in the day before and attacked it with the attitude with we will go as far as we can. Made it all the way to the peak thru the boulder field. On the way down we discovered we needed to stay left of the boulders on the way up, right on the way down. Physically this was one of the most challenging things we have done in 2 decades but was so worth it. If your not ready to do it today I highly recommend take a month or so and get yourself ready and just do it.