Blodgett Peak

Blodgett Peak is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Colorado Springs, CO and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and snowshoeing and is accessible from May until September.

Tougher than expected. The loose footing made you really concentrate both directions. Not sure if we made it to the top or not the trail was not well defined at the top. A good workout and fun time with my sons and nephew. I'd recommend this trail just be ready for it, it's sneaky hard.

It's a pretty trail and a change of pace from the nearby trails off Cheyenne Canyon. On the upper half, the footing is very poor. Frankly, I'd say it's harder to climb than the Manitou Incline which is rated as more difficult on this app. Plus you have to come back down through that difficult footing.
Come enjoy this trail but be prepared for the difficulty.

Easy forest service road up to the water tower but all uphill. Several trails thru the forest, well marked, open sun & shaded areas with rock formations, a little brook & substantial views. Nicely maintained trails but there is loose gravel on downhill trails.

Some friends and I thought this would be a fun local hike since we all live in the neighborhood. It was not! Starting about .5mi up the trails get very poorly marked and tricky to determine which ones will lead to the summit. Once we chose a correct trail, it was essentially just scrambling up gravel on the side of the hill until we started scrambling up the boulder fields. When we had eroded the soil and were able to reach the top, there were gnats, flies, and other bugs everywhere! We couldn't take a drink of water without getting them in our bottles. Overall, this area is terribly marked and an unsustainable trail system, which is very disappointing.

A tough little trail, the rock gets loose and slippery on the second half up. Trail is sufficiently marked with cairns, but I can imagine it would be hard to keep when it snows. Walking sticks are a must at least for me, and I still fell a few times

Good for trail running.

99% up hill, super steep grades and a trail that becomes harder to follow as you go up; very easy to lose. This is one trail where you are REALLY gonna need a walking stick.

Check the weather before hand too. "Cloudy with a 20% chance of rain" turned into a near hour long blizzard I was not prepared for and had to turn around. And so close to the top too! Completely lost the trail coming down in the snow, found myself at the precipice of a cliff, and ended up having to back track back up in the near white out. Fell on my ass repeatedly on the very steep grades, especially the loose dirt ones. My knees were killing me before the bottom.

Rated as Moderate but I've been up Barr Trail, and this is def much tougher. Not much to see on the way up, though. It'll be a while before I do this one agian.

This hike will definitely challenge you if you are not an experienced hiker. Parts of the trail were completely indiscernible. This was partly because of the snow but I'm pretty sure that some of the cairns were knocked down once you get further up. I would not recommend taking small children on this hike. It is very steep, lots of gravel, and you need to be prepared for bouldering, especially if you lose the trail in parts. All that aside, it is a lot of fun and the views from the top are beautiful!

Great hike, from IN and was out to see our son at the academy 2 weeks ago. We flew in the day before and attacked it with the attitude with we will go as far as we can. Made it all the way to the peak thru the boulder field. On the way down we discovered we needed to stay left of the boulders on the way up, right on the way down. Physically this was one of the most challenging things we have done in 2 decades but was so worth it. If your not ready to do it today I highly recommend take a month or so and get yourself ready and just do it.

Nice area, we ended up going off trail and following the creek up. It was nice!

This is arguably the most difficult hike I've done. Its a long hike. Its a steep hike. And the trail not always well warn or marked. That said, the views at the top are so worth the time and energy.

As said elsewhere, the trails, particularly if you want to go all the way to the summit, are very poorly marked. We went to the top in 2014, right after the area had been reopened from the fires, so maybe the trails had not been used enough to be easily seen. And, prepare for some significant bouldering, and steep, gravel trails. A good hiking stick will help. And band aids.

Wifey and I are doing it again this morning 9/4/15). We'll see how it is now.

geocaching

The trails are not very well marked. It can be a pretty dangerous hike if you do not stick to the trail. There is a gravelly trail next to the boulder field that makes it easier, but I do not think it is possible to do this hike without bouldering at least for a little. It was a pretty nice, especially for taking people a long.

A bit crazy in the rock fields. As I was on my descent, by the waterfall, I came around a corner and ran into a momma bear and her two cubs. The Cubs ran up the tree and the momma hopped on two legs, paws up, and started growling at me. Scared the crud out of me. I had to Bushwhack to get around them. So, be careful!