Betasso Preserve Trail

Betasso Preserve Trail is a 3.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Boulder, CO that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Betasso Preserve now has 2 loops, the Canyon Loop and the Benjamin Loop. The Canyon loop is 3.3 miles, a .75 mile connector and the 2.4 mile Benjamin Loop. They are rated as moderate. The trails are primarily used for hiking, mountain biking and trail running, and is accessible year-round. My Experience : This trail, although very short, is absolutely fantastic. The first section of this trail can be extremely fast,and although common sense tells you to slow down, you just go faster, and this trail leaves NO room for error, plus you always have to be prepared not to collide with hikers. I did this trail on a week day, and it was pretty empty, however, I would not want to do this trail on a Sunday, or after 5 o clock pm. Highly recommended for a few fun loops, I manage a loop in about 25 minutes, and usually do 3 loops. This trail is shut to bikers on Wednesday and Saturday (foot traffic only) and it uses a One Way system If you are in Boulder, then this is a hell of a sweet loop you dont want to miss. Other Info: Traffic on Trail : One biker, One hiker and Two Joggers ( however, it was early on a week day) Wild Life : None Scenery : Open Trail with great scenery Other : Be VERY careful not to colide with hikers, the trail is very narrow, and some places have very limited vision of the trail My Trail Rating : 7.5 / 10 Nearby City: Boulder Length: 3.4 total miles Trail Type: Loop Skill Level: Physically easy to moderate; technically easy Duration: Advanced riders, 20 minutes; intermediate riders, 25 to 45 minutes Season: April to November; closed Saturdays and Wednesdays to Mtb'ers Trailhead Elev: 6400 feet Top Elev: 6600 feet

Nice trail with average views. It is heavily used by mountain bikers on Sundays. If you want a peaceful hike, go on a day that doesn't allow bikes. I think it is Saturday and Wednesday. I spent the majority of the hike moving to the side of the narrow trail to let the cyclists go by. Would also not recommend for dogs on Sunday due to this reason.

Not crowded, peaceful trail. Nice drive down canyon in Boulder to get there.

Really nice loop. Not the most mesmerizing views but I like the way the trail feels.

Beautiful park with a couple different loops/trails to adjust your distance. I hiked a little over 9 miles total that day. Saw a few groups of hikers and many mountain bikers. Would recommend hiking on the days that they don't allow biking (I think Wednesday and Saturday). Easy to find TH and plenty of parking in 2 different lots.

Great hike to get you going after the winter. There is no lake though, as this app. suggests. Still, wonderful views.

Nice rolls up and down. Liked the silence and the view. Moderately intense.

Great views and walk!

I really like this trail. You can do a couple loops but I generally do the 3.2 mile easy - moderate one. There are some great views, pretty benches to relax on if you need it and lots of flowers and wildlife. Also, there are some fun older structures down the hill to check out if you're up for the climb back up. I agree I like going better when bikers and horses aren't sharing the trail but, in general, everyone fits on the trail and tries to make it work for all.

I rode my hardtail. While it was a bumpy it was still really fun.

nice little trial...wouldn't call it moderate, easy makes more sense...My 3 year old managed it without any trouble. couple nice brooks and some great views

Really nice! The mountain bikers can come flying, but they're generally polite

This was a great trail for a beginner like me! Beautiful throughout and hardly any traffic. Mostly mountain bikers. I will return! Great place close to Denver!

Great trail with mild elevation changes & beautiful views.