Berrypicker Trail

Berrypicker Trail is a 11.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Vail, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Fun. Good fun for all!!

This is a good hike and if you do it while the gondola is running, you don't have to walk downhill. A few steep sections, lots of shade until the very top, and some great photo ops. If you are a tourist, this is a great way to see the mountain. If the gondola is not running, you can start in either village and go up to where Berry Picker and Strawberry meet and follow the other back down. I've done this hike dozens of times and it always about 1.5 hours whether you go to the top or just do the lower village to village trails. Once on the mountain, you can get back to either village but it's good to take a map and know where you are. I most often park in Lionshead and take that gondola back down.

Great hike to keep your heart rate on the level and a reminder that body in motion stays in motion. So let's get moving!!

We hiked up and down this trail yesterday. We were going to take the gondola up but it was shut down due to weather. The trail that starts in Lionshead in Vail to Eagles Nest is 3.2 miles one way. We grabbed a bite to eat at the Eagles Nest which has great kids climbing activities. Views are great. We've been in the area for a week looking for wildlife and on this trail we saw 7 deer.

Aug 2011 - Pretty boring trail with lots of exposure. Steep inclines with not that much pay off. Best if you can get out to some other trails in the surrounding area.

Great hike. Very strenuosat beginning and end. Worth the push. Beer and bbq at the top. Free gondola down to lionshead.

i just downloaded this app. Does anyone know how far this trail is, from lionshead to the eagle bahn gondola?

Love this trail. My kids and I hiked to the gondola several times but our favorite was when we encountered mama and baby moose eating the aspen leaves. Beautiful.

Trip to gondola was longer than expected.

Rode the gondola up from Vail Village, crossed over on Upper Fireweed, hiked part of Ridgecrest but it was super cloudy, so no views. Came all the way down on Berry Picker.

Great trail..you come down in the Gondola!!

Hard but rewarding

Beautiful views and good hike! Enjoyed sitting at the top and taking in the incredible views of the Gore range. Thankful to ride the gondola down!

I thought it was nice. If you hike up, you can ride gondola down. Over 3 mile hike to top. Hard if used to lower elevations, but you'll make it.

My husband did this trail in just over 2 hrs. Can be done in regular tennis shoes. He consider's it a more moderate hike and we are from Michigan. Starts at the gondola in Lions Head. Beautiful views.

I throughly enjoyed this trail. It was my first hike since I arrived. I would recommend poles for the senior set. Beautiful views!

Great hike! Tons of scenery. Loved it. From a local.