Bergen Peak Trail

Bergen Peak Trail is a 9.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Evergreen, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice trail, we started out on Meadow View and missed the first sign for Bergan Peak Trail so we added about 3.8 miles on to our hike. The sign is clearly visible coming back down, but is facing away from you going up, this is probably a rookie error.

Wonderful hike nearby Denver!

Gorgeous views, we hiked up in July and could still see on the mountains across.

this is a private driveway

Moderately strenuous hike due to overall length and vertical gain. The number of switchbacks can be demoralizing. Great primer for gauging alpine hike readiness. Views are often obstructed by forest (primarily lodgepole pine & occasional aspen). Summit sign is located off the end of the trail near the transmission tower. Trail has a decent amount of mountain bike traffic between Too Long and Meadow View Trails.

Beautiful views, definitely quite moderate. The incline is steady but gradual and is very doable.

If it wasn't for the ice, I don't know how this would have been considered difficult. It was the first real hike of the season though, so I was glad to be done when I got back to the lot. The loop trail was busy until we split off onto the actual peak trail, at which point we had the mountain to ourself. Saw some deer, but not exactly the most photography friendly mountain I've been on.

Not too easy that it was boring, not too difficult where I was feelin the burn. Very mild but pretty hike through the tree line. If you're going in winter beware of the ice patches, they were pretty gnarly today. Would recommend running shoe grippers or spikes.

Amazing views!

I arrived at the parking lot and started hiking at 9:05 a.m. on a Friday. There were 18 cars in the lot, about 1/2 full.

There are enough trails and it's large enough that I didn't feel overwhelmed by the number of people I saw. I encountered 5 cyclists, 8 hikers, and 3 trail runners. Plenty of breathing room.

I like the fact that the upper 2/3 of the hike was under the trees. I appreciated the well-marked trails. They are very easy on the body--smooth and not lots of loose rock to deal with.

My route out and back was: Sleepy S -> Elk Ridge -> Meadow View -> Bergen Peak Trail. 1:53 up, 1:10 down (running half the time going down)

From the peak there are only partial views but really nice down to the meadow and across to Mt. Morrison. And I'm always stunned that one can see DIA from many of the front range trails!

Fantastic trails: well-maintained and clear signage.

First 1/3 of the hike exposed, the rest under the trees.

well-maintained. Easy to follow. Moderate is a perfect rating for this trail. I was ethereally morning on a weekday and saw relatively few other people. Very pleasant.

Very busy went at about 9 am. This trail was parallel to I70 so you could hear the traffic at some points in the trail. Otherwise very pretty, more difficult towards the top. Would rate moderate to difficult.