Beaver Brook Trail

Beaver Brook Trail is a 11.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Golden, CO that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beaver Brook trail starts in Golden and climbs up to around 7000 ft looking down onto Clear Creek as it moves through north forested slopes. After beautiful vistas it drops into Beaver Brook itself before climbing out to Chief Hosa. The trail on the west side drops down into Beaver Brook, then climbs back out to the top of a 7800' peak so there is a fair amount of climb on that side. The east side if you start at Windy Gap is fairly level although there are scramble and scree piles to climb over.

I'd say best part about this hike is the views of the canyon. I wasn't crazy about scrambling over the rocks. Lots of shade.

Great trail!

Beautiful views of surrounding mountains, Clear Creek and Clear Creek Canyon. I've read that it can be very hot in the summer. We were happy to be on the trails on a temperate Fall day in October.

Highly recommend taking two cars, dropping one at the Windy Saddle trail head, and driving down to the Chief Hosa trail head to start the hike back to Windy Saddle. Our hike was just over 12 miles, by taking the Gudy Caskill loop in the middle.

It's easy to lose the trail at some of the creek crossings and rock slabs, so watch for cairns and the red and white B/B signs tacked to trees.

Decent elevation losses and gains, and some challenging scrambles through rock falls throughout, especially the last mile or so (heading east).

I've done this hike 5+ times and love it. You can go as far as you'd like, the views are awesome the whole way, and it's great for out of town guests. I wrote more (+ pics) here! https://goo.gl/6xJwxr

Nice challenging hike close to home. Better than I expected!!

Great hiking. Beautiful views!!

challenging and beautiful

beautiful walk in the woods with various environments and a babbling brook along the way

For my first solo day-hike, I found these trail pretty peaceful. There are scree piles but only a little scrambling. This was my first trip here, so I started on Lookout Mountain Trail (was disappointed when I saw the road, then the trail stopped) so I wish I would have avoided that all together and just stayed on Beaver Brook. I didn't do the entire loop, but certainly will next time! There are GREAT portions for tail running too! Gorgeous views. moderate traffic though...if you're wanting to feel "secluded" - not the best pick.

Beautiful hike and an awesome place to take your pup! I had a hard time following some trails but it was worth the challenge.

The trail isn't marked very well so our 3.5 mile hike ended up being a 7 mile hike. But overall it was a beautiful hike. I had fun figuring out how to cross the stream each time.

The map says it is a 2.8 mile loop, another review said more like 3.9 at the end of it all it was almost 6 miles for me and I was wearing a Vivosmart to track my steps. I loved this trail but PRINT a map. The trail markers split off from the loop and was very confusing causing me to go out of my way to get back.

Meant to do the Beaver Brook/Chavez Trail, but ended up starting the Beaver Brook Trail from Lookout Mountain instead. It makes the hike a lot longer, but it's still really pretty. For how close this hike is to the city, there weren't that many people on it on a Sunday afternoon.