Beaver Brook Trail

Beaver Brook Trail is a 11.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Golden, CO that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beaver Brook trail starts in Golden and climbs up to around 7000 ft looking down onto Clear Creek as it moves through north forested slopes. After beautiful vistas it drops into Beaver Brook itself before climbing out to Chief Hosa. The trail on the west side drops down into Beaver Brook, then climbs back out to the top of a 7800' peak so there is a fair amount of climb on that side. The east side if you start at Windy Gap is fairly level although there are scramble and scree piles to climb over.

Meant to do the Beaver Brook/Chavez Trail, but ended up starting the Beaver Brook Trail from Lookout Mountain instead. It makes the hike a lot longer, but it's still really pretty. For how close this hike is to the city, there weren't that many people on it on a Sunday afternoon.

The hike is nice. lots of elevation gain and loss. No lakes or ponds. start out hiking down, down, down...easy, but then it's up, up up. be prepared. very hot...bring lots of water. Big issue if parking off of Chief Hosa...Denver Parks is ticketing everyone for anything. They advertise thus trail and then because there is not enough parking for the hundreds of people that show up, they ticket everyone for parking illegally. If your dog is off leash, 90.00 ticket per dog. Huge ranger presence. your better off hiking a Jeffco park or a 14er. prettier too! This is just a hike, nothing special. Nothing but a money maker for Denver Parks.

Very nice hike, not too many people on a Monday. Bring plenty of water and or a filter...

Such a beautiful hike! I recommend first taking the brail trail and then following signs for beaver brook and/or the Chavez trail. Many trees are marked with a B/B marker, so keep your eyes posted. I also recommend wearing hiking sandals, as it makes all of the brook crossings so much more fun and manageable. Wear sunscreen, and get there as early as possible. We finished around 12:30 and it was starting to get very hot.

This trail is great! Fantastic views throughout. They are building a new trailhead at The west end, Chief Hosa exit, along with several new bridge crossings. There are still 3 creek crossings on branches and one slippery rock crossing. Great swimming hole Toward Windy Saddle the the trail has some exposure, down down to Clear Creek, though the trail is nice and wide along ledges, with a couple of scrambling spots. There is also a very short boulder field 1/2 mi from Windy Saddle.
Totally worth doing the entire trail and arranging a pickup at Windy Saddle. The new park sign on the west end bills this trail as 8.75 miles. My gps logged in at 10.3. I used 3 l of water for me and my dog and ran out-- super hot day. Next time iI'll bring my steripen and fill up along the way.

wonderful hike! have yet to finish the whole thing, but I love taking my mutts down to the creek for a swim!

Only went to the waterfall and back, but had nice variety for the first couple of miles!

This hike is not very hard with the exception of the rocky areas where there is lose scree and some parts where you are walking on a rocky ledge. Beautiful views. The stream does not follow the trail as I read before I went. I only found one area where there was a small waterfall about 2.5 miles in. Went on a Wednesday around noon and not too many people were there. Bring lots of water!

more difficult than I thought. great spot to nap next to the stream where the rocks look like cooled molten lava. I'm sure there a technical term for it.

I am hiking to get healthy!! This was a great workout!! It wasn't super busy, even on Memorial Day. I only made it half way but my goal is to work up to the full trail. The first 1.5 miles is very rocky and pretty tough but beautiful!! From around mile 1.5 to around mile 3, I only saw 2 other people. One runner and another hiker. It is very peaceful and a farely tight trail at times. I highly recommend it!! Enjoy. ~♡~

Trail was gorgeous, didn't seen anyone throughout the entire loop, until the last mile back. First mile is the most technical, which would rate as moderate. You need to use your hands in parts. On the way back, it is easy to get confused at one of the crossings. I totaled at 14.8 miles there and back.