Bear Creek Lake Trail Loop

Bear Creek Lake Trail Loop is a 9.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Morrison, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

fly fishing

beach

I like this trail. I didn't want to conquer a mountain today, I Just wanted to be outside and meander, this is an easy trail but myself and my dogs had a good walk. Not much cover so it's pretty hot in the summer but for a fall day like today it was perfect.

Walked this today as a nice break-in to really get into hiking! Such a gorgeous day, nice leg workout without being too intensive; the views were breathtaking the whole time.

Great trail for running and biking. I wish I had worn my trail runners for this one instead of my hiking boots. Great trail to get some easy miles in. I liked that it meanders along the creek, has lost of shaded areas and pit stops. I enjoyed these miles immensely; it was a really long easy walk on a beautiful Fall morning.

Beautiful!

Great walk along the river, View of the castle. A lot of mountain bikers

This really isn't a trail for hiking. It's perfect for a long, calm walk around Morrison and you get to see downtown.

We started at little bear parking lot which is the first parking lot down the hill off the road there is no signs. Hiked down along the creek past the Bears lair parking lot down past the castle and then the hike got real fun straight up once on top the views were pretty amazing for being so close to Denver. 7.5 miles around 2 1/2 hrs