Bear Creek Lake Trail Loop

Bear Creek Lake Trail Loop is a 9.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Morrison, CO that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

fly fishing

beach

I like this trail. I didn't want to conquer a mountain today, I Just wanted to be outside and meander, this is an easy trail but myself and my dogs had a good walk. Not much cover so it's pretty hot in the summer but for a fall day like today it was perfect.

Walked this today as a nice break-in to really get into hiking! Such a gorgeous day, nice leg workout without being too intensive; the views were breathtaking the whole time.

Great trail for running and biking. I wish I had worn my trail runners for this one instead of my hiking boots. Great trail to get some easy miles in. I liked that it meanders along the creek, has lost of shaded areas and pit stops. I enjoyed these miles immensely; it was a really long easy walk on a beautiful Fall morning.

Beautiful!

Great walk along the river, View of the castle. A lot of mountain bikers

This really isn't a trail for hiking. It's perfect for a long, calm walk around Morrison and you get to see downtown.

We started at little bear parking lot which is the first parking lot down the hill off the road there is no signs. Hiked down along the creek past the Bears lair parking lot down past the castle and then the hike got real fun straight up once on top the views were pretty amazing for being so close to Denver. 7.5 miles around 2 1/2 hrs

I was not impressed. The pictures uploaded made it seem as though it was a dirt trail. It was more of a bike path through Morrison over to Bear Creek Lake

Great hike for beginners or for those who want to take an easy day. Went yesterday 3.5.16 and was expecting a little more. Definitely a lot of bikers on the trail so be cautious. Also, I'm not sure where the guy went who posted the photos of the waterfalls and such, but it wasn't from this trail lol.

I was expecting a trail head. This was all pavement/side walks and crazy amount of bikers. I bought my dog so it wasn't that great because they were coming in every direction. Great for bikers I guess.

good singletrack for kids or beginners

Okay, pretty mellow and not much to look at, plus the roaring of 285 doesn't help. But good, mellow trail

These trails were not very well marked and this is only for a walk. Not even close to a hike. Would only go there again for the lake.

Gravel out and back trails closed due to flooding, only paved trail open today. Very full trails of bikers who have poor safety awareness. We took our dogs but because of the cyclists probably won't go back

Nice for a walk, too flat for hiking.

A few different roads or trails to take. I started on owl which was beautiful and intersect the fitness trail. Had a blast attempting all the random activities along the trail, finished at a lake for lunch and headed back. Very nice.

Did about ten miles of mostly singletrack here. Nothing technical and quite flat. It was a good start of the season ride. Seemed like there were lots of trail intersections.